News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Munchner Illustrierte Zeitung lists with photos

• Replies 227
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

E. Schleich ..... could this be... could this be... the future Ritter Eduard von Schleich :rolleyes: Bayern, 11 Infantry Regiment, he has been wounded badly on 25 August and got an EK2 - so the time fits! Only that Regensburg does not... What about the image, could this be him?

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2008/post-1062-1225961629.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2008/post-1062-1225961648.jpg

Yes, it's him:

Born in Munich, Bavaria to an artist his family soon moved to the spa city of Bad T?lz. After he finished school Schleich decided to enroll to a cadet programm in the Bavarian Army and eventually earned a commission with the 11th Bavarian Infantry Regiment in 1910.

In Regensburg was the garrison of the Kgl. Bayer. 11. Infanterie-Regiment von der Tann, III Bayer. Armee Korps

Edited by Naxos

• 9 months later...

It verks! It verks! :speechless1::speechless1::jumping:

Plotline: after moving to Vista, the Mustek scanner refused to work - no Vista driver for it! While thinking of buying a new one, a friend gave me one not bad at all, Canon. But shaped in such a way /the glass lower than the plastic frame/ that the old big size German paper could not be scanned. :banger: And having two scanners did not feel like getting a 3rd one, despite the fact that one can not start under Vista and other can not scan the old paper brick :banger:

Happy end: someone made a Vista driver for the good old /old but good!/ Mustek scanner :jumping::jumping:

Now only need a few days to finish other work and will start to add the remaining portraits :rolleyes:

Edited by Theodor

Guest Rick Research

Or.... throw all that away and get an Epson? :catjava:

BTW, if you find a Hauptmann Alois LOUIS in there, let me know please-- he is among my "faceless" groups. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...