News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Anti-Partisan Badge in Gold

• Replies 61
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest martin taylor

Afternoon gents.

Apologies for the delay in coming back, I have been away on a brief but much needed holiday for a few days.

I am very grateful for the feedback. To be honest, I have reached an impass with this badge in that whilst I have some definite concerns and reservations about it (it certainly seems to have some clear differences to most badges) , I certainly don't have the necessary convictions to argue that it is a fake which leaves me in a very annoying catch 22 situation. More to the point, I actually do feel that this badge has great detail and if it were not for the size difference, I would resolutely stand by it.

With hindsight, it's my own fault as these badges are notoriously divisive. I do wish that I had not bought it and I very much doubt that I will ever dip my toe in the APB stream again.

One for the 'experience' file I think.

Ouch Martin! That's a heck of an "experience hit" to take....... if the dimensions alone are different I would suspect you have the ability to argue the piece being a cast copy of the examples I mentioned. I would certainly give it a try........

Hopefully, the Holiday was what it should have been! Cheers! Rick

Guest martin taylor

Hi Rick.

Thanks for the comment and sorry. I guess that last post was a bit defeatist.

I'd like to hear some more thoughts from the guys here specifically relating to APB dimensions. Nine times out of ten, quality is the focal discussion issue on APB badges but never dimensions.

Please can anybody advise on this point?

#4 -- I've had this since 1968. Back then about 60% of the Gold was still there but , unf ...I was young and decided to wash it. I guess that's why I don't like to look at it that often ..it hurts.

Edited by Mike

Hi Mike, any chance you can shoot over to a jeweler and get precise height, width and weight. please?

Thanks!

I have a digital scale and Caliper but I'll have to post a few pictures after I finish Lunch (or get a break).

I just wish I had not played with it when I was a kid ..maybe we should have a new section dedicated to "what Militaria I messed up when I was young" :unsure:

Edited by Mike

Guest WAR LORD

A bit of a problem here with the weights. I have 3 pieces that are of the cast or poured version. They are all of different weights. Reason some are cut out some are not. The wreath is thicker on some. ll this aside, the piece in question in my very humble opinion, looking at the pieces I have is an original.

Hi Mike, that would be great! mm. & grams as I believe even the WW2 pieces are referenced in Nimmergut's by these criteria. Thanks!!

Here are the pictures ...let me know if you want a diff angle

Edited by Mike

A bit of a problem here with the weights. I have 3 pieces that are of the cast or poured version. They are all of different weights. Reason some are cut out some are not. The wreath is thicker on some. ll this aside, the piece in question in my very humble opinion, looking at the pieces I have is an original.

Hi Warlord ..do any of your badges have the round magnetic pin ? I didn't see the backs of any. It looks like someone glued an SS Dagger handle disk on one of them ..I wonder why they'd do that. Guess I shouldn't talk seeing as how I WASHED mine when I was 11 :(

Thanks --Mike

Guest WAR LORD

The ss badge is very interesting. The award is gold and the reverse has the hinge and pin removed. The ss badge is fixed by pinning to the badge and a screw devise is to hold the badge to the tunik. The badge was bought in 1953. This piece has been known for many years. A conversion by the original owner?