News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Anti-Partisan Badge in Gold

The ss badge is very interesting. The award is gold and the reverse has the hinge and pin removed. The ss badge is fixed by pinning to the badge and a screw devise is to hold the badge to the tunik. The badge was bought in 1953. This piece has been known for many years. A conversion by the original owner?

Just a hunch but ...since the Swastika was banned after the War and the new Penal Codes 86 & 86a prob were not on the books yet ...maybe the orig owner though that by putting his SS pin on it and covering the swas ,he was legal. Imagine if it was his membership stickpin and his # was on the back so he could be traced ....just a thought ....I know what you're gonna say "Thanks Mike , you can stop thinking now " :blush:

• Replies 61
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WAR LORD

A very good thought, but I go with this is as he did it at the time. As a piece it is what it is. In 1952 it was not the most safe thing to do to bring ones attention to Anti partisan opperations. I think just a one off

A very good thought, but I go with this is as he did it at the time. As a piece it is what it is. In 1952 it was not the most safe thing to do to bring ones attention to Anti partisan opperations. I think just a one off

It's a PERFECT example of an on-going battle I've been having with some other collectors lately(UGH) it's so much easier for some collectors to label something as a fake rather than look into an item and find an explanation, try to understand why..or keep an open mind with a simple question ---is it possible ,what if ? ( unless it has something blatant like "GERMANY" cast in the back :speechless1: )

I posted my round Pilots Badge on another site because a few said it was a fantasy item ..I got it from the Vet ...one of the other members even admitted he knew of the vet. I believe it's real and that these badges were produced late war ...but rather than whip out the sword and dive in .. I left them in the perfect collecting world they live in where everything makes sense.

Nice badge with a personality Warlord

--Mike

Edited by Mike

• 2 months later...

Sirs:,

Just getting active on this great Venue. Lots of familiar names (and faces!).

I'm mot sure if this topic has run its course, but I will post Silver and Bronze examples. Note that one has a round pin and the other a flared pin.

If these examples visually 'cut muster', then I can weigh and measure for comparison. Since I've only a scanner and not a digital camera, it is difficult to get great close-ups.

Here we go..... gulp.

Mark

Bronze obverse:

[attachmentid=25117]

Edited by mmiller

• 11 months later...

Gentlemen,

I was digging through the past and found this one. It concluded with my post of two APBs in my possession.

Can the jury step in, and pass a verdict? :unsure:

Thanks, and regards,

Mark

What should the weight and measurements be? The same as the badge in the above thread?

Edited by mmiller

Hi James,

I think the scanner is playing havoc with the bronze colors. If you look at the reverse, the zinc is more apparent around the raised rims of the wreath. Both badges are zinc. As I mentioned earlier, I can provide weights and measurements, if that prooves anything, one way or the other.

Regards,

Mark

• 4 years later...

I had just started looking up the origin of a badge I had aquired a long time ago. I found this web page and discussion about the badge I have. I can confirm that it is the APB but since reading your chat I can't confirm if it is a reproduction or original. It resembles the badges in your discussion but it is differant in a few ways. It is bronze colored but it is more oval than the badges pictured in your discussion. It has alot more detail on the obverse, such as the dots above the eyes on the scull, and more detail on the leaves and acorns and the snakes skin and eyes. To me it appeares to be more of what a military badge would be than the pictures etc. I have seen. The reverse looks to be pressed or thiner than the badges in your discussion but it is heavy. It does have the wide pin with sort of a hook at the top inside portion of the pin. Anyone interested in a discussion about it please respond. I would like to know more about it.

Thanks

BoB I