News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Uganda - Modern Orders, Decorations & Medals

James Hoard

Thanks to Ilja for the link to Pr. Paul Kagame Collar of the Pearl of Africa,it's the first time I can see a clear picture from the collar.

Here is a medal I got ounce from Dar es Salam (Tanzania),which is also linked to Kagera Battle. Is it the tanzanian counter part to the Uganda Medal of Kagera ??

Diameter is 35 mm,reverse is blank.

If any body got info ,and by info I mean veterans pictures or text or anything that helps; he's most welcome to post.

Here is a link about Uganda-Tanzania war : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uganda%E2%80%93Tanzania_War

Emmanuel

Edited by heusy68

• 7 years later...

Hello Ilja,

Thanks for this information.

I have seen about 3 or 4 years ago, a framed board in London, in one of the function room of a medal manufacturer, with 6 Medals for 50 Years Indepedence Medals (from 6 countries). I was not allowed to take a photo, but they were Uganda, Nigeria, Tanganyka, Malawi, Sierra Leone and Congo Democratic Republic. It is possible that these 6 medals I saw were (then) tenders.

But I remember the "stripe" pattern of the Uganda Medal. However I have sadly never seen one for sale in London.

Major John Mateeka on photo is wearing the Rwenzori Star for Distinguished & Exemplary Military Service.

Megan has to be credited for having finding this photo, as she had been digging in the web site of the Ministry of Defense of Uganda.

Best regards.

Emmanuel

Uganda Rwenzori Star for Distinguished & Exemplary Military Service.jpg

Edited by heusy68