News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Sacred treasure rosette question

SWE Erik

Hi!

I?m still waiting for my copy of Orders and Medals of Japan and Associated States, perhaps the answer to my question will be there, but it never arrives! :(

Please, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Is the rosette on the ribbon an old type? I have so far never seen one like this before. It is about 29mm in diameter. It has the same blue colour as the ribbon.

/Erik

First of all, it's not a Sacred Treasure ribbon, which should have a distinct 3mm blue edge stripe.

Then the rosette is in the French style. Japanese rosettes have the ribbon folded to form prominent ridges around the center (like the spokes of a wheel).

It was probably to a European recipient who could not replace the original Japanese ribbon and found a similar color pattern to reribbon his medal.

Jeff Floyd

First of all, it's not a Sacred Treasure ribbon, which should have a distinct 3mm blue edge stripe.

Then the rosette is in the French style. Japanese rosettes have the ribbon folded to form prominent ridges around the center (like the spokes of a wheel).

It was probably to a European recipient who could not replace the original Japanese ribbon and found a similar color pattern to reribbon his medal.

Jeff Floyd

Missed that one :speechless:

Thank You all for Your replies.

Very interesting that it could have been awarded to a European. Too bad these are not numbered like Soviet awards.

Here is one thing I didn't mention before but is quite interesting. It seems like another award was attached to the orders ribbon. It was sewn to the order by orange thread. Wear marks on the order indicates this too.

I will upload a picture of the reverse.

/Erik

I agree with Jeff. It looks French... But it is not a French ribbon (colors don't correspond to anything French except the "M?daille d'honneur de la Jeunesse et des Sports" in gold, which is not a realistic guess, here).

Ch.

I am sure You are right but could You please tell me some more about the "M?daille d'honneur de la Jeunesse et des Sports" medal? Why is it not realistic? I don't know much about French medals.

/Erik