News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Coy 4th Battalion Royal Welch Fusiliers

A cracking picture from circa 1953, of A Coy the 4th Battalion Royal Welch Fusiliers, prior to leaving for Warminter, to receive new Colours from the Queen.

Names to some of the faces....

Back Row

5th from Left Raymond Isaacs

9th from Left 22219262 Fus Geoff Roberts

11th from Left Cpl Ken Jones

Front Row

5th from Left 22219263 Fus Glyn Roberts

Nice photo, there just don't seem to be too many around from the 1950's - 60's. - I suppose most of the servicemen involved are still alive, so the photos have'nt come on to the market yet.

Be a nice lot of battl dress & medal ribbon detail there.

No hackles? Perhaps they're not being worn until the parade, keep them pristine, or cpuld be looking like rain so hackles taken out.

Edited by leigh kitchen

No hackles, good point, well spotted. If you look closely all the JNCO old sweats, all have their collars done up, so they don`t have to wear a tie. Loads of medals there too. 4th Battalion landed on Gold Beach on the 25th June 1944, so most of the old boys, have the France & Germany Star, hard to tell the others, some of them only appear to have one gong? Long Service maybe, or possible the GSM?. Should imagine the CSM & CSGT would be identifiable, will do some digging and see what I can come up with.