News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Belgian Order of the Crown

If I may bother you, Gentlemen, with a question....

I heard that the Grandcrosses of the National orders of Leopold II and the order of the Crown were equal in size to the commanders-cross...

However the Grandcross of the order of Leopold I would be slight larger than its commanders-cross.

Could anyone shed a light on this presumption???

Thanks in advance...

Kind regards,

Jacky

I heard that the Grandcrosses of the National orders of Leopold II and the order of the Crown were equal in size to the commanders-cross...

However the Grandcross of the order of Leopold I would be slight larger than its commanders-cross.

That is correct the ? of the grandsash of the order of leopold = normaly 70 mm

the one of the commanderscross = normaly 60 mm

but :mad: at this moment the manufactures put commandercrosses on the grandsash, the crosses of 60 mm :mad: in stad of those of 70 mm

the grandcrosses ont he order of the african Star, Royal order of the Lion, Crownorder and Order of Leopold II has the same juwel as the commanderscross on the sash, and this is correct :D

Hi Guy,

Sorry for the delay,

Thank you very much for your reply......

At the moment I do own an Grand Cross of the order of the crown,

Sadly without the sash....

Do you have one for me???

Otherwise I'm thinking about parting with it..... Would be sad, but my major interest is with the order of Leopold II of which I'm the lucky owner to have obtained a Commander Leopold II recently :)

Could you give me your guess-valuation on an old Grand Cross Badge of the order of the Crown Belgium with and without sash??

I will return to this soon.

Kind regards,

Jacky

Hi Guy,

At the moment I do own an Grand Cross of the order of the crown,

Sadly without the sash....

Do you have one for me???

Otherwise I'm thinking about parting with it..... Would be sad, but my major interest is with the order of Leopold II of which I'm the lucky owner to have obtained a Commander Leopold II recently :)

Could you give me your guess-valuation on an old Grand Cross Badge of the order of the Crown Belgium with and without sash??

I dont have a grandcross of the crown and a sash alone. And by the way I dont sel things :shame:

The value of the cross depends ot the manufacturing, silver gilded, Brons Gilded, the manufacture etc...

I never gif estimations, for that you have to folow the law of asking and demand, look at auctions and compare the selling prices, good Luck :P

Thanks anyway Guy,

I just don't collect the order of the crown, merely the order of Leopold II and some other nice ones:)

and I think that this medal would be at it bests with someone who would cherish this medal and not put it away.

Concerning the prices, I have done already some research....

Kind regards,

Jacky

• 5 months later...

Thanks anyway Guy,

I just don't collect the order of the crown, merely the order of Leopold II and some other nice ones:)

and I think that this medal would be at it bests with someone who would cherish this medal and not put it away.

Concerning the prices, I have done already some research....

Kind regards,

Jacky

what a coincidence....

here it is:

awarded to a General

kroonorde4gc1.jpg

kroonorde3ue8.jpg

and don't worry, it is cherished, and reunited with some of the other medals of this General.I hope I will be able to make pictures soon from this medal toghether with the others in one huge frame.

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Nice one!!

Another belgian "subject" under your reign, laurence ;)

To me, it looks quite modern, due to the quite flat shapes etc.

Could you give me perhaps a side-shot?

Kind regards,

Jacky

what's modern? I think it's made between 1930 and 1950.

Edited by oli4vercammen

How do you tell? Are there indicators to look for?

the enamal, the details on the loop and you got an old ribbon: dark and wide. The commander of Alex K has a more modern ribbon.

In the old days the ribbon of the commanders where wider than the ribbons of the knights and officers. But when the ribbons became to expensive the producers took the ribbon of the knights and made a string on that.

• 16 years later...
    On 05/02/2024 at 19:16, Frank Japan said:

Gentlemen,

how could I tell the year this one was awarded?

The seller is describing it as WW1ish.

The prerequisite would be it is a real one.

Thanks & regards,

Frank

Screenshot 2024-02-05 171342.png

Hi contrary to the other Belgium Orders It is sometimes difficult to point out the exact period of the Order of the crown

This Knight you have listed is real and could be from this period or a bit newer For sure it is not a modern one

They are not very expensive -around 30-40 Euro the most for this class

Regards

Here is a nice Commander

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG