News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My EK,RK,DK KASE

Mike

Hi Gents , I'm relatively new to this great Forum , I'm glad I found it. My collection is nothing Earth shaking , I don't own Adolph's mustache or anything so rare that I have to keep it in the Bank (wish I did though!). Just a normal collection from someone who loves Military History like you ..I always enjoy seeing other collections and hope you feel the same. There's something about the Iron Cross that (to me at least) always put it a cut above all of the other TR awards. So about 8 years ago, I started buying everyone I ran into ..I'm still not sure why but now I'm glad I did. I already started filling up my 3d Ryker Mount but I'm still not tired of them .

I thought you'd like to see the group so far. --Mike

Edited by Mike

Hi Joe ...The trays have a little bit of everthing incl foreign awards. I never really centered on anything ..I kept the collection rather broad spectrum. I'll post a few shots of the overall room as well.

Glad you like it ..it's nice seeing what someone else collects and what's out there.

Where's George? He's gotta see this :jumping:

Outstanding Mike :beer:

P.S. .. got any Gold DRL w/o Swastikas you want to part with? :P

Thanks Darrell ..it's kind of a tight fit in that room because of the cases . I only have one early DRL without the swas ..I'm going to a show this weekend so if I find any I'll grab it for you ..what price range?

These are 3 of my favorites ..all taged and named Holters Tunics. The one on the left is General Angern's who commanded the 16th Panzer and was killed in Stalingrad ..the White tunic belonged to GFM Wilhelm List (12th Army that took the Balkans & Greece and Army Group A -Caucasses) and the right Tunic belonged to Gen Alexander Von Hartman who commanded the 71st Inf and was also killed in Stalingrad. All three are named ..I was lucky to find them.

Here are a few close ups that a good friend of mine took of my S&L RK ..you can tell I'm not much of a photographer ..that's why I "borrowed" his (hope you don't mind Dietrich)

It's dirty and a little worn but ..I like it

Kind of quiet in the other forum since Dietrich's analysis huh?

Very nice Cross Mike.

Gee ... I wonder what crow tastes like? :rolleyes:

What can they say ? The funny thing is ( and I never mentioned it before but )...Gordon gave it the thumbs up as soon as he saw it , way before that 13 page RK Inquisition got underway. Dietrich was a big help ..there are still a lot of great collectors out there . :beer:

Thanks Dave ..My Wife wants me to collect Postage Stamps because they take up less room !

She puts up with it though :D

That is an impressive collection, indeed, Mike. :cheers:

To avoid conflicts with my other half due to the space taken up by field equipment, helmets and other hardware, I changed my collecting focus (mainly) to documents some time ago. However, researching documents requires a lot of literature, so I now have to justify the lack of bookshelf space. Never mind.

David

What do these Girls expect ? The other "part" of my collection includes 2 -1944 GPW's (one restored & one not) one M880 . an M886 and an M38A1 Jeep ...I told her I'm looking for a Tank now so ..she leaves the room alone :D I told her I'll find a cute one that she'll like !!

Impressive Mike!

Whadda you mean...nothing earth shaking??

It looks pretty massive to me! so much there!

wow! did u rob a bank??? hee hee... seriously, how long have you been in amassing this collection?

Thanks for showing.

Can u possibly show us the riker mounts with your Imperial bars? :)

Cheers

Paul

Impressive Mike!

Whadda you mean...nothing earth shaking??

It looks pretty massive to me! so much there!

wow! did u rob a bank??? hee hee... seriously, how long have you been in amassing this collection?

Thanks for showing.

Can u possibly show us the riker mounts with your Imperial bars? :)

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul ..thanks for that. I think I messed up by posting these shots in the wrong Forum (starting to be a habit of mine I guess) so ...I'll post the Medal Bars in the Collection Showcase section right now.

Thanks --Mike

Mind blowing collection!!! WOW!

What is the maker mark and year of your SVT40?

Regards

Paul

Here are a few SVT pics --It's a Finnish capture both the Gun and the clip are "SA" stamped ...also , it's a Vet bringback not an import ..that's what I really liked about it

Mike...

Sweet rifle!!! I did not even know that these existed until about 5 years ago.

Mine has the same maker mark and it is an "SA" marked Finnish capture as well. As I remember, our maker mark is the the rarest.

Edited by Paul Reck