News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

personalized army officer"sloinhead sword

i originally bought the sword saying it belonged to reinhold schmidt,aide-de-camp to hitler.i can not find a reinhold schmidt anywere.i did find a rudoff sintzenich born in munich were the sword was found.i also found a rudolf schmidt.im looking for any info on these two officers.i got birth date on rudolf schmidt,but was he a aide-de-camp to hitler.on the other guy rudoff sintzenich seems to be more of a canidate,he was born in munich and served as a inspector of recruiting in munich but a exact birth date would help,1889to1948 is all i got.he also comanded quite a few infantry divisions,one being the 33rd and132nd if i could get any history/info helping me narrowing it down to the rite man my gradditude would go out to you.thank you,yours truely tack. :speechless:

Edited by tack1

You have a sword with the INITIALS "R.S." ?

There is absolutely no hope whatsoever of attribution based on that.

ther was a note from the vet who looted the house in wicth it was in,he said after looking at papers/documents in the house it led him to beleave it belonged to reinhold schmidt aide-de-camp to a.h.thats all i got.but i fegured if somebody herd of him i just mite get a bite.tack

Guest Rick Research

Could well be.

But with no proof, there's

... no proof.

Could just as well have been Zahlmeister der Reserve Richard Sage, or Stabsapotheker d.R. Richard Sack

or

absolutely thousands of anybodys in the German army whose initials were "R.S."

so-- as somebody who has spent decades in the Research Mines

all I can say is

don't lose any sleep over it. :beer:

Could well be.

But with no proof, there's

... no proof.

Could just as well have been Zahlmeister der Reserve Richard Sage, or Stabsapotheker d.R. Richard Sack

or

absolutely thousands of anybodys in the German army whose initials were "R.S."

so-- as somebody who has spent decades in the Research Mines

all I can say is

don't lose any sleep over it. :beer:

l

i apprieshate your input,thank u.tack :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

This might be Hitler's dagger,the initials are the same and it did come from a Vet who got it in Germany. :rolleyes:

Without real documented proof,it would be nearly impossible to attribute an artifact to it's original owner just by initials alone.

Edited by Rich Yankowski