News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

"Belgian agent" as in SPY "agent" as in ??? MAYBE an "Allied Subjects Medal" recipient??? :speechless1::ninja:

Sheeeeeeeet, I'll give you 27 Euros and a bus token even if it doesn't have a ribbon! :cool:

Guest Rick Research

"I've just typed in BWM on www.ebay.morocco and they have 16 BWMs named to Belgian agents."

1) I am stunned that there IS an eBay Morocco!

2) 16???? Oh WELL, then. Sniff. If they're THAT common (was there a BELGIAN Old Spies Home in Marrakesh?) I'm reducing my offer to 22 Euros and you can just FORGET the bus token, chum. :ninja:

Guest Rick Research

Gee, Chris... adding another ?3.50 onto that...

not seeming like such a "bargain" purchase now. :rolleyes:

:cheeky:

From the remarkably little the Mormons could offer, I was surprised to find that "Maron" seems to be quite an English name, while indeed Nizets were thick upon the ground between Namur and Liege, with a side branch in Luxembourg. The spelling of her first name-- if accurate-- also seems to indicate an English EliZabeth rather than the usual continental EliSabeth-- so perhaps an English lady married to a Belgian??

Don't worry... now you have us interested enough, we'll all chip in and help you come up with the three pounds fifty. :D

Simple,

Go on the NA site and type in her surname, she's the only one there.

Put it in the basket thingy and pay ?3.50 by credit card. A pdf of the MiD can then be accessed.

You could also get one of your pilot mates at work to drop you off in London, catch the tube to Kew, photocopy the MiD and be back in Frankfurt for tea.

Put the card on here after you've downloaded it so we can translate it unless of course it's a straight forward easy to understand card.

If you get lost let me know and I'll download it.

Tony

Edited by Tony

I am lost already... any chance of you doing it and can transfer the loot to you?

I find the prospect of flying over to be easier than the NA site :(

No problem Chris,

You'll have to wait till I get home tonight though and don't worry about the loot, I drank enough of your beer in Verdun to cover that.

Got my credit card in my pocket so have just done it.

The BWM was her only award, apart from that the card was very empty. I'll have to add a scan when I get home from work as the screen went all funny here and froze over while trying to print it off.

I'll also send you the pdf by email.

Tony

The BWM was her only award, apart from that the card was very empty.

That makes sense, since each of the Allies had their own Victory Medal.

I notice in the MIC Index a number of cards for French officers. I'm thinking of applying for my grandfather's, since he was attached as an interpreter to an R.E. Park until the Canadian government pried him loose to go back and run his munitions factory. As far as I know he never applied for his French medals, either.