News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I have several enameled pins that have been in my collection for may years, and thought I might post them for authentication opinions. I tried the search function, but was unsuccessful. All opinions welcome.

Thanks in advence. Scott

1. Freiwilliger Arbeitsdienst, 23.3 mm; Assmann & Sohne / Ges. Gesch

2. R.D.K., 24.9 mm; Ges. Gesch. / Circle-B

3. Deutsche Kindershar N.S.F., 17.9 mm; RZM M1/63

4. D.S.B., 24 mm; Ges.Gesch. / HA

5. Adolf Hitler 1933, 22.9 mm; RZM / Ges. Gesch

6. Deutschland Erwache 1933, 22.9 mm; RZM / Ges. Gesch.

Here are the first 2:

Edited by Scott

Hi Scott,

Here goes:

1. Freiwilliger Arbeitsdienst, 23.3 mm; Assmann & Sohne / Ges. Gesch

Personally I can't see anything wrong with this badge....

2. R.D.K., 24.9 mm; Ges. Gesch. / Circle-B

I've never really trusted the "B" in a circle mark on any badge. Fakers widely produce badges with this mark & whether a maker used the mark during the period is not really known. I think in this case it comes down to whether you like the badge or not

3. Deutsche Kindershar N.S.F., 17.9 mm; RZM M1/63

Another controversial badge amongst enamel collectors. Most do not like the full RZM M1/63 marked versions, however I do feel that providing the other criteria of patina, flecks in the white enamel, wear etc fits then possibley it's a good piece.

4. D.S.B., 24 mm; Ges.Gesch. / HA

Bad I'm afraid. The mark on the reverse is a poor copy of the Aurich mark, if you look closely it's more of a "B" over the "A" rather than an "H" as it should be. Also Genuine ones have a far better detailed number of dots within the red enamel of the roof. Check this link out that shows other examples of Aurich marks http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=5892

5. Adolf Hitler 1933, 22.9 mm; RZM / Ges. Gesch

I'm sure that you know the many arguments that surround these badges. Personally I would not go near an RZM'd piece, especially when there isn't an M1 code with it.

6. Deutschland Erwache 1933, 22.9 mm; RZM / Ges. Gesch

Ditto for the badge above.

Cheers

Don

• 4 weeks later...

Very sorry for my late entrance to this thread. Concerning your Kinderschar, I too was suspect of this particular variant you show. However, I read an autobiography of a woman born in Bavaria in 1935. To make a long story short, her Mother was in Kinderschar along with her daughter. She described Kinderschar as "state sponsored day care". Logically then, an organization running after 1935 would have the RZM marking. If you then factor in wear to obverse and reverse and enamel impurities and font qualities. I have logically concluded that thisvariation is period. Just my opinion. As a matter of fact, I have more confidence in this variation than the second variation because of the second variation's poor quality font. IMHO Cheers Robert Perhaps some has a 2 variant they can show so we can see. Here is my examole. Notice the wear to the outside edges of the reverse. The title of the book is ON HITLER's MOUNTAIN I forget the author now.

Thanks for the update and opinions gentlemen. Consensus points to my Kinderschar pin (the first one posted above) to be a repro. Good to know.

By the way, On Hitler's Mountain is an excellent read.

Edited by Scott

Scott Also, if you happen to own a 63 party pin or know someone who does, you will see that both markings on the reverse are the same as my Kinderschar. There is another forum with a gallery of party pins for viewing . They have a couple examples there to see to compare markings. Take Care Robert

• 4 months later...

Wonderful Information on this thread. Now, I have heard through the years that an RZM and the "Ges Gesch" on the same badge was a dead give away to a fake. Is that true? Thanks, Butch

In cases like this you should evaluate the whole badge and not just pass it off as fake do to the marking alone. Badges found with both RZM and Ges Gesch are what is referred to as transitional badges made in late 1934 thru 1935. Badges made after 1935 and were under the control of the RZM should have only that logo and most often the M1/ control number. That is my opinion.

James.

Edited by JNoble

• 7 years later...