News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Commander of the British Empire

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

I would guess well post-WWII, 1970s or later. The ribbon and design changed in 1936 after all. Despite the name, it is still awarded.

A very nice specimen, in good condition.

Thanks Ed. Any tips on why 1970's and later? The medal design hasn't changed in 55 years (that I'm aware of). The ribbon? Just curious. Doesn't really matter to me .. just here for the knowledge transfer.

Guest Darrell

Quality of manufacture and condition seems more common for later awards. Wartime awards were quite nice.

But just a guess.

Interesting discussion over on the British Forum (where I've seen past posts from you Ed). Yuri will hopefully shed some clues on dating these awards post '53. They say later issue as well. It could be some good information that comes about :cheers:

Edited by Darrell

Interesting discussion over on the British Forum (where I've seen past posts from you Ed). Yuri will hopefully shed some clues on dating these awards post '53. They say later issue as well. It could be some good information that comes about :cheers:

Sorry 1- this forum is unavailable to non-members (and, so, of no use here) and 2- I am not a member, having been once again banished for not sharing their ideology.

Guest Darrell

Sorry 1- this forum is unavailable to non-members (and, so, of no use here) and 2- I am not a member, having been once again banished for not sharing their ideology.

Really? Ouch. I don't go there often. Only when I have British medal questions (which isnt very often anyway).