Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Guest Brian von Etzel

Show your immaculate Godet Spangen!

Hi Laurentius,

Thanks for showing your medal bar and welcome to this very informative and interesting forum.

First of all it's quite impossible to say if this bar was really put together by a Godet bar: for sure the color of the backing (Godet used red before 1914, but a bit brighter tone of red and there always was a label with his name on such bars), the needle-catch system on the back, the fact that the EK2 1914 is not a Godet piece, are all indicators that probably this is not a Godet's bar. Furthermore the fabric on the back seems to me to be restored in a later period, but to be sure you need to put it on UV-light and check if the thread used is not post WWII.

Your bar is nevertheless a nice one... enjoy it! ;-)

ciao,

Claudio

Majors d. R. im Pio-Bat 17 Adolf Bliesener

(* Duisburg 27.08.1868)

Dear forumites,

My latest new entry... ;)

Godet 100% also the Feldschnalle....

Orden & Ehrenzeichen auf der Schnalle:

• Preußen, Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse 1914 am Kämpferband (OEK 1909), E gs/S emailliert;
  • Preußen, Kgl. Hausorden von Hohenzollern, RK m. Schwertern (OEK 1789), Sv;

• Hamburg, Hanseatenkreuz (OEK 688), E vs Ku;

• Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer (OEK 3803/1);

• Preußen, Kronen-Orden 4. Klasse (OEK 1762), Br vg teils E;
  • Preußen, Landwehr-Dienstauszeichnung 1. Klasse f. 20 Dienstjahre, nur für Offiziere (OEK 1977), S/G;
  • Österreich Kaiserreich, Militärverdienstkreuz 3. Kl. am Tapferkeitsband

Laufbahn:

• Am 27.08.1868 in Duisburg geboren.

• 20.09.1890: Sec.Lt. in der 2./Pi.Btl.17 Stettin

• RL 99: Leutnant d.R. Bliesener beim Pi.Btl.17 (gemeldet beim Bez.Kdo. IV Berlin)

• 15.06.1899: Oberleutnant d.R. Bliesener beim Pi.Btl.17 (gemeldet beim Bez.Kdo. IV Berlin)

• RL 04: Oberleutnant d.R. Bliesener beim 1.westpreußischen Pi.Btl.17 (gemeldet beim Bez.Kdo. IV Berlin), Ldw.DA 2.Kl.

• 17.11.1906, RL 14: Hauptmann d.R. Bliesener beim 1.westpreußischen Pi.Btl.17 (gemeldet beim Bez.Kdo. I Cassel), Kronenorden 4.Kl., Ldw.-DA 1.Kl.

• 18.06.1915: Major d.R. Adolf Bliesener war Kdr. des (Gas) Pionier-Btls. 36.

Nach dem Krieg war er Branddirektor in Kassel.

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

r7io.jpg

Another Godet but with the typical metal label on the back (Weimar republic era,  20ies). This bar is still unidentified.

Enjoy... ;)

IMG_4781.JPG

IMG_4782.JPG

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 09:38, Claudio said:

Another Godet but with the typical metal label on the back (Weimar republic era,  20ies). This bar is still unidentified.

Enjoy... ;)

IMG_4781.JPG

IMG_4782.JPG

That's a great looking Frack bar.  Pre-war; Centennial, Red Eagle and Saxon, then wartime; EK2, Wurttemburg and Bremen and then finally sew the whole thing together with a Weimar era Veteran's medal.  That is 20-25 years representing three time periods on this medal bar.

Over the years alot of Collectors posted their Godet Medal Bars in this beautiful Thread. 

I would greatly enjoy if you would share some of your Godet Ribbon Bars now. 

For the start here are mine:

RFK1.jpg

20170526_115511.jpg

20170613_155822.jpg

20170623_172844_-_Kopie.jpg

Cute ribbon bars! ;):cheers: All Godets... the one with the blue backing and more robust needle catch Setup is earlier, maybe even late WWI.

Thanks for showing... :thumbup:

You don't often see mounted pairs like this with a tailor tag.  What a well mounted group,  but then it's a Godet!

;-)

Hi Nicolas,

Here you have 3 different types of Godet's ribbon bars (Feldspangen)... Starting from the top WW2, pre WW2 after 34/35 and Weimar era (early 20ies).

Enjoy!

Ciao,

Claudio

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Just now, Nicolas7507 said:

Beautiful Claudio !:o 

The top one is remarkable.:thumbup:

Regards,

Nicolas

Jetzt weiß ich, wo die Vollrath Spange untergekommen ist ;)

Meinst Du etwa diese??? I didn't know the name of the recipient, but I missed to buy the medal bar on Ebay several years ago... just got the "feldspange"... do you know the history behind this bar and his original owner???

:o:(

12er Ordenspange.jpg

Tut mir Leid, Ich meinte die mittlere Spange. Da ist dir der Träger doch bekannt, oder?

Sorry, I dont know the Recipient of this Medal Bar 

Edited by Nicolas7507