News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Show your immaculate Godet Spangen!

Hi.

already some time ago since the last bar was shown. So i would like to add 2 small, which i recently could acquire.

thx

Edited by Dete

Very nice bars, especially the 2 place one with the red cross decorations for a civilian... very seldom to see the same guy to be awarded the same decorations, but of different periods (Imperial Königreich Sachsen, Weimar era Württemberg and 3rd Reich). :-)

• 1 month later...

My two latest additions.... one medal bar (for civilian tuxedo) came with its miniatures and a Japanese order at the end...

Medal bar:

• Preussen, Eisernes Kreuz 1914, 2. Klasse am Kämpferband (OEK 1909) E/S
    • Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer (OEK 3803/1), Hersteller Gebr. G & C, Gebrüder Godet und Co., Berlin
    • Österreich 1. Republik, 1. Weltkriegs-Erinnerungsmedaille
    • Ungarn, 1. Weltkriegs-Erinnerungsmedaille
    • Japan, kleiner Orden der Aufgehenden Sonne mit Rosette

Miniatures (7):

• EK 1914 2. Klasse, FEK, Ehrenzeichen des Roten Kreuzes 3. Modell (1937-39), sog. Elefantenorden, österreiche 1. WK-Erinnerungsmedaille, ungarische 1.WK-Erinnerungsmedaille, Japan Orden der Aufgehender Sonne Offizierskreuz

Edited by Claudio

7 placed medal with the rarely seen Italian commemorative medal for the Messina 1908 earthquake... there were quite few German Kriegsmarine naval units involved in the rescue actions after this terrible human tragedy ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1908_Messina_earthquake ). It must have been some sort of reserve officer who ended WWI with a rank of Hauptmann/Kapitänleutnant or even Major. Nice also the nice additions of 2 further "foreign" awards, the Austrian-Hungarian MVK 3rd class and the Liakat Medal (Ottoman Empire).

I don't think it will be so easy finding this officer but maybe not impossible?

Here I am adding my description of the medals:

• Preußen, Eisernes Kreuz 1914, 2. Klasse (OEK 1909), E/S

• Baden, Orden Zähringer der Löwen, RK 2. Klasse mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern (OEK 159)

• Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer (OEK 3803/1), Hersteller K M & F (Kallenbach, Meyer & Francke, Luckenwalde)

• Kaiserreich Österreich-Ungarn, Militärverdienstkreuz 3. Klasse

• Osmanisches Reich, Liakat Medaille in silber

• Italien Königreich, Erinnerungsmedaille des Erdbebens in Messina (1908), König Vittorio Emanuele III

Edited by Claudio

My two latest additions.... one medal bar (for civilian tuxedo) came with its miniatures and a Japanese order at the end...

Order of the Rising Sun, 4th Class. Very nice and interesting.

I don't know why these medal bars were offered together. I should ask HH, but I think that they won't very likely know. Maybe it came as a lot to be sold for a client who had these bars simply in his collection or maybe could be that they came from the same family, but I think this is a bit less probable... two tuxedo bars for civilian being put together at the same time by the same company (Godet) for 2 persons of the same family? I don't think so...

ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

• 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...