News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Show your immaculate Godet Spangen!

Very nice bar, Tom! I also have never seen that FEK's maker before, congrats! :cheers:

Thanks, Claudio!

I found this little gem last weekend at a gun show. I never expected to find something this nice at a gun show so I was pleasantly surprised.

Best regards,

Tom

• 2 months later...

Thanks to Daniel, now this bar has a name: Kapitänleutnant Wilhelm Hack, BZO2Kl Eichenlaub mit X 16.08.1916.

:-)

01.08.1916 EK2 als Kapitänleutnant / König Albert, Wachoffizier

01.01.1918 Türkisches Eiserner Halbmond / Befehlshaber der Unterseeboote in Pola, II. Admiralstabso.

14.02.1918 EK1 als Kapitänleutnant / wie oben

If anyone has more info on him, I would be most grateful.

ciao,

Claudio

7 placed medal with the rarely seen Italian commemorative medal for the Messina 1908 earthquake... there were quite few German Kriegsmarine naval units involved in the rescue actions after this terrible human tragedy ( http://en.wikipedia....sina_earthquake ). It must have been some sort of reserve officer who ended WWI with a rank of Hauptmann/Kapitänleutnant or even Major. Nice also the nice additions of 2 further "foreign" awards, the Austrian-Hungarian MVK 3rd class and the Liakat Medal (Ottoman Empire).

I don't think it will be so easy finding this officer but maybe not impossible?

Here I am adding my description of the medals:

• Preußen, Eisernes Kreuz 1914, 2. Klasse (OEK 1909), E/S

• Baden, Orden Zähringer der Löwen, RK 2. Klasse mit Eichenlaub und Schwertern (OEK 159)

• Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer (OEK 3803/1), Hersteller K M & F (Kallenbach, Meyer & Francke, Luckenwalde)

• Kaiserreich Österreich-Ungarn, Militärverdienstkreuz 3. Klasse

• Osmanisches Reich, Liakat Medaille in silber

• Italien Königreich, Erinnerungsmedaille des Erdbebens in Messina (1908), König Vittorio Emanuele III

Edited by Claudio

Very nice one Trevor... I really like the single mounted bar! ;-)

Here's my last acquisition... maybe somebody of you has already seen it somewhere else. I think it's quite impossible to find out the original wearer of this bar, but the combination is quite rare... This officer fought (so I presume because of the quality of the bar and pedigree of the Ordensjuwelier Godet, who provided mostly high ranking officers with such beautiful put together bars) fought in WW1, was in Spain, very likely had also a Spanienkreuz (if officer Silver with swords, I guess) and went on in to fight with the Italian troops very likely in Africa... There weren't many staff officers and on that theatre of operations. I am afraid that only a picture surfaces somewhere of this particular officer showing wearing this very bar could be identified... nevertheless a great bar, IMHO, quite rare that officers still found time to let put together their medals on a bar, let alone the fact that after 1943, officers weren't allowed to wear Italian pre-1943 awards for obvious reasons (see armistice of Badoglio).

Let the pictures do the rest...

ciao,

Claudio

P.S.: Can tell anybody which maker is the Wiederholungsspange 2. Klasse 1939?

Edited by Claudio

back and description...

• Preußen, Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse am Kämpferband 1914 (OEK 1909) E gs/S + Wiederholungsspange zur 2. Klasse 1939-45, 2. Form 1940-45 (OEK 3825/1) BM vs
    • Hamburg, Hanseatenkreuz (OEK 687)
    • Deutsches Reich 1933-45, Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer mit Schwertern (OEK 3803/1), auf RS Hersteller G&S (Godet und Sohn, Berlin)
    • Deutsches Reich 1933-45, WH-Dienstauszeichnung für 25 Jahre, Kreuz (OEK 3852)
    • Deutsches Reich 1933-45, WH-Dienstauszeichnung für 12 Jahre, Medaille (OEK 3854)
    • Spanien Franco-Herrschaft, Bürgerkrieg 1936-39 Feldszugs-Medaille
    • Italien Königreich, Kreuz für militärische Verdienste

Edited by Claudio

• 2 weeks later...