News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet Wound Badges (Stripes)

JensF.

What awards are listed there in his book?

He was awarded:

Medal "For Valor"

Medal For Military Merit

Red Star

Patriotic War 2nd

Military Merit w/o number

Patriotic War 1st (jubilee)

He also had the Honorary Railroadworker, as well as all the "typical" jubilee medals. Interestingly, his family couldn't find his For Valor medal when my contact bought the group from them. It's an awesome group and one of my "keepers" anyway, but it was sad that one of the medals was missing. About three months ago, a small envelope showed up from Russia... There it was! It only took nearly two years to arrive but the group is now "complete."

Dave

I saw the thread on the railway badge! I bet that you never thought you would see that medal. What a suprise!

Any word on how long he lived? Unfortunately, based upon his wounds and dietary restraints I do not see him living to a very ripe age...

Congrats on this one of a kind group! Thank you for showing it!

Paul

Edited by Paul Reck

Any word on how long he lived? Unfortunately, based upon his wounds and dietary restraints I do not see him living to a very ripe age...

I think he lived up until the early 1990s, but can't confirm that. Given that his awards are in my collection let's hope that he's not still alive! :speechless1: If I ever get the time, I'll scan his collection and post it up on the "researched groups" section.

Dave