News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I think I qualify! Certainly not being dyslexic about dates helps! Okay just to clarify there are three people. Kurt of the Garde du Corps regiment, his father of a K?rassier regiment, and Kurt - Ludwig from the Garde-K?rassier regiment. Whose relationship was???

The two Kurts are cousins

Edited by Naxos

• Replies 51
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I qualify! Certainly not being dyslexic about dates helps! Okay just to clarify there are three people. Kurt of the Garde du Corps regiment, his father of a K?rassier regiment, and Kurt - Ludwig from the Garde-K?rassier regiment. Whose relationship was???

Joe,

Kurt Ludwig of GKR was the cousin of K?rt of the GdC. Kurt Ludwig's father was the younger brother of Georg.

Regards

Glenn

The Haugwitz-Hardenberg-Reventlow family accordingly to the 1917 Gotha:

Grandfather Curt Ulrich Heinrich 24.2.1816 - 12.9.1888

four sons:

1. Heinrich Berhard Karl Paul Georg Kurt 14.4.1844 - ?

2. Kurt Karl Lucian Hermann Paul August Erdmann 31.5.1847 - 14.12.1895

3. Georg Erdmann Karl Ferdinand 8.8.1848 - 12.9.1897

4. Eberhard Karl Paul Erdmann Emanuel 21.10.1850 - ?

1. + 2. had no children

3. Georg had four children:

3.1. Heinrich Curt Ludwig Erdmann Georg 26.8.1891 - ?

3.2. Georg Lucian Curt Eberhard Erdmann 25.8.1892 - ?

3.3 Curt Heinrich Eberhard Erdmann Georg 28.9.1895 - ?

3.4. Adelheid Lucy Fredine Henriette Gabrielle 4.5.1897 - ?

4. Eberhard had three children:

4.1. Lucy-Marie Ludovika Anastasia Adelheid Karola Hedwig 24.10.1884 - ?

4.2. Curt-Ludwig Heinrich Georg Max Erdmann Eberhard 24.9.1885 - ?

4.3. Anastasia Adelheid Cathinka 18.7.1887 - ?

See Gotha 1917 (S. 394 above) and S.393:

Edited by Komtur

Georg Erdmann Karl Friedrich Graf von Haugwitz, *22.06.1848 +12.09.1897 was the father of Curt *28.09.1895 (Gotha Gr?fl. Taschenbuch 1915-394).

Georg entered K?r. R 1 in 1865 and served with that regiment until 1877 when he transferred to KR 6. In 1885 he went to KR 5 and then KR 7 in 1891. Major 22.03.1889 His last assignment was as the commander of Ulan. R. 2 from 1894-1895. The pictures above are of a company grade officer and most likely show him in the uniform of either KR 1 or 6. I won't hazard a guess given my inability to distuinguish facing colors in a black and white photo. Still, the family connection is clear, though not the regimental (GKR) affiliation, at least not based on what I have found in the Stammlisten entries for Georg. (KR 1 Stammliste entry #100)

Andy

Well I am confused -- what else is new!

The gentleman in the first picture is identified, and there is no problem. The gentleman in the last picture is allegedly Kurt's father who was allegedly in the Garde-K?rassier Regiment. The uniform he is wearing in the picture does not support that thought , but rather that he is part of some other K?rassier regiment. Allegedly this guy's name was Georg Erdmann Karl Ferdinand. Who is who? Here is another picture of the older gentleman thought to be Georg Erdmann Karl Ferdinand.

Garde%20Kurassier-.jpg

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Oh dear! I think Babs Hutton was one of MY cousins, which is where things get all complicated. I need a computer to figure out these things.... :speechless1: :cheeky:

Guest Rick Research

Yup. Thought so. Babs was my 6th cousin 6 times removed on the cereal-Post family's side. (It's always disheartening to realize how far away the money is!!!)

YOUNG Curt/Kurt received his Saxon Albert Order-Knight 2nd Class with Swords (SA3bX) on medal bar and mini chain above, 19 October 1917 as "KP Pr. Leutnant Graf von Haugwitz-Hardenburg-Reventlow" in "Kavallerie Division Nord."

Couldn't tell you WHICh one he was from the civilian driver's license in uniform but there were TWO young Grafs vH-H-R--

Leutnant 23.03.12 Oo in Garde K?rassier Rgt

and

Leutnant ernannt 17.02.15 in Regiment Garde du Corps.

Both left in this rank which means they bailed on the Armistice or they'd have been promoted to Oberleutnant on demobilization in 1920.

In the assorted medals above, a Prussian Reserve-Landwehr XX years Service Cross (LD1) is hanging from the ribbon for 15 years as a Nazi party uniformed functionary ( :speechless1: ) and below that is a lapel mini for a next of kin Hindenberg Cross.

Thanks Again! Glenn, have you relocated?

Actually I thought the pilots badge would create a few comments. I have a picture of the plane around somewhere.

Joe,

just returned to Germany today after a week in the UK. I will be returning to the UK permanently in late March/early April. Already much of my research library has now been returned to the UK.

Regards

Glenn

Actually I thought the pilots badge would create a few comments. I have a picture of the plane around somewhere.

Ah, but do you know with which aviation unit he might have been associated ?? Rick D.

• 5 months later...

I received many more pictures and much information about our hero in this old thread. This is our hero Kurt's older brother Henri. Supposedly he was in the GdKurr. Regiment. Heinrich Curt Ludwig Erdmann Georg 26.8.1891 - ?

Can anyone tell me more about this guy?

Heini%20in%20uniform.jpg

Joe,

As you may know, he is wearing the uniform of the Kaiserliches Freiwilliges Automobil-Corps. These were the guys who volunteered themselves and their personal automobiles to the service of the Kaiser. They were later recognized as officers and eventually became part of the army. Here is a link to a website that sheds some light on this subject. http://www.kaiserlicherautomobilclub.de/

Chip

Thank you Chip I did not know that. Was he ever in the Gdkurr?

Here is another picture of Kurt. Allegedly, his back is toward you on the right and he is talking to some Austrian that I cannot identify.

French%20officer.jpg

Guest Rick Research

Heinrich was killed in action as a Leutnant with Gren Rgt 7 on 20 June 1915 at Les Eparges.

Rick,

I think there is some disconnect somewhere -- seems so easy on these guys -- I have pictures of him after the war -- he apparently went to Denmark and as the oldest brother was the decision-maker in selling the Silesian properties to the Polish government for a fraction of their value. Allegedly he died in 1973 and was in the GD kURR. REGIMENT.

Edited by joerookery

Guest Rick Research

Ah, you're right-- wrong branch of Haugwitzes. Too many with the same names (and Rufnamen always an issue) and birth years.

NO CLUE about yours. :cheers:

• 4 years later...