News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A focus on LW collar tabs

• Replies 200
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul,

What an awesome collection. I can fill in some of the blanks regarding Ingenieurskorps tabs. I like this thread as it shows a good cross section of the various branches. I really like the Navigation Corps tabs, I have only seen 2 pairs first hand.

Bill

Ingenieur tabs

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by luftguy

Laurence,

Thank you for your compliment! :beer:

Bill,

Very nice tabs! One day I will have some of those! :cheeky: I especially like the reserve tabs! I have not seen too many of those around! :jumping:

I would love to find a complete set of Navigation tabs, but something tells me that I was very lucky to find this single. I would love to find a single board to compliment this tab.

It it just me or does the tab on the tunic appear to be red rather than pink?

Regards

Paul

Edited by Paul Reck

You guys have given me cause for hope. I had not seen the tabs with the hard backing before. Several years ago I picked these up from a vet who had served in North Africa and Italy, but had never set foot in Germany. Although they've gone a couple of rounds with moths, they look very similar to some of those presented. So what do you think?

These look to be waffenfarbed for the TSD(Special Services). This are one of the rarer LW waffenfarbes. Suprisingly, they are not as desireable and actually cost less than the very common Flight tabs(yellow). Everyone seems to want the combatant stuff!

Nice set! Although I have never seen an evolution in tab contruction in writing, it seems to me that the use of heavy paper/card board started to be used starting around the 1944 time period(unless I am mistaken, the TSD took on the light blue waffenfarbe in 1944. This career field was open only to officer grades). Very nice tabs. I hope to aquire a set of these in the future.

Warm regards

Paul

Edited by Paul Reck

Neil B,

Thank you for your contribution to this thread. I believe that the Oberst boards are fine. I see no problem with them. From looking at the photo (rear shot) close up, I feel that they were sewn onto a tunic at one time.

I know that there have to me more Luftwaffe tabs out there. Please keep them coming!

Paul :jumping:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Good thread (no pun intended).

Paul to answer your question ref the snap attachement; it was used (not very often) as a method for quick removal of the tabs when the uniform was sent to the cleaners. I have only seen a few sets of Luft tabs with the snaps. (I believe Luftguy has a set of Eng tabs with snaps _if he bought these from Germany he beat me to it!). You also see screwback attachements on tabs for the same purpose. These are usually seen (whenn you find them) on SS tabs.

Luft guy has the only set of reserve Eng tabs that I have ever seen. Quite rare indeed. I have 4 sets of the flight reserve. One hardly sees reserve tabs and if you do they seem to be singles.

Gary B

Hi Gary,

You should post your reserve tabs. I would like to see the construction techinque! The only reserve tab I have is the single flak tab in this thread. The only Reserve tabs I have ever seen are for:

Flight

Flak

Singals

Engineer

and one Hermann Goering

Have you seen any others? I would love to have a medical reserve set... but I have never even seen one and do not know if they existed.

Paul

Hi Paul (didn't you go buy "medic" at one time???),

I am still at work but if I have time when I get home I will try to post them. As I recall they are similar to the one shown in the thread. I have only seen Rsv Flight/Eng and flak. I can not imagine how many different types of waffenfarbe there are when you put all of the different combinations toghether. ONe wuold never get them all.

Also I did examine a single General officer Engineer tab (Gold 3 bladed prop) at the Max. It is the only one I have ever seen. Garth has 2 sets of the 2 bladed GO Engineer variety. I wonder if I should have picked up the 3 blade one...I just hate gettgin singles.

Gary B

Hi Gary,

You should post your reserve tabs. I would like to see the construction techinque! The only reserve tab I have is the single flak tab in this thread. The only Reserve tabs I have ever seen are for:

Flight

Flak

Singals

Engineer

and one Hermann Goering

Have you seen any others? I would love to have a medical reserve set... but I have never even seen one and do not know if they existed.

Paul

Bill,

The single tab was selling for $500. I am sure he would have come down. I examined the tab and I did not see any thing that stood out as bad on it, but then again there is not much to fake on these things. There was some glue spots on the reverse of the tab where it appeared to have been in a album. The style looked very similar to Garths set of 2 blade Gen officer bullion tabs (formerly from Mike Heuer's collection and I belive from George Peterson prior to that)

Gary B

The three blade Luftwaffe Engineering general tab would have been a good one to get. Only one person held that rank. How much was the single tab selling for?

Bill