News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A focus on LW collar tabs

• Replies 200
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Single of a Gref Air Traffic Controller. These are actually lighter than the scan shows them to be. The scanner seemed to add a brownish-olive tint to them

Edited by Paul Reck

Here is a single tab with the equivelant rank of ObLt in the Navigation Corps. These tabs are rare as the Navigation Corps switched to the pink propellar tabs of the Engineer Corps pretty early on.

Edited by Paul Reck

Reverse. Notice where it appears to have been removed from a scrap book(residual of some glue on the corners). Also notice the cardboard stiffening material.

Edited by Paul Reck

EM Pioneer/Air Ministry Single. A nice well worn example! That white stuff under the bottom gull(right side of the "body") is not mothing. It appears to be some substance that has spilled and matted into the material.

Edited by Paul Reck

Next up, we have another rarity. Lt Blue indicated supply and Field Police(until 1943). Wow... these tabs look like medical under the scanner... They are A LOT lighter in person. I have better photos and comparisons I will show after I post the back side of these tabs.

Edited by Paul Reck

Back.. These appear to have been in a scrap book as well. As I stated earier, the shade of blue is much darker on this scanner than in life. I will post better pics coming up next to illustrate my point.

Edited by Paul Reck

Although these are not Luftwaffe per se, I include them because Herman Goering was in charge of the Forestry Service. Here are a set of tabs belonging to a Forestry Official on Heer Property.

Edited by Paul Reck

That is all I have for the moment. If you have any tabs to show... please do so.

Thank you again for looking and I look forward to seeing what you all have.

I still have a lot of holes in this collection. I still need the various sonderfuhrer tabs, field division, Herman Goering Div, Engineer, General Officers, and what ever else may be out there.

Remember... if you have some tabs floating around(even singles) that are out of place in your collection... please keep me in mind. Even if they are duplicates, I will give them a happy home! I am collecting more than waffenfarbe and rank, I am also looking for assembly techniques as well.

There are several people who are members of this forum who have been supportive of me and this area of collecting. I would name them, yet I would not want to cause any embarassment! Anyway, you know who you are. I have learned a lot from you and helped develop this area of interest. THANK YOU!! :beer:

Warm regards

Paul

Edited by Paul Reck