News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A focus on LW collar tabs

• Replies 200
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill,

Yes I do. I really like the Engineer tbas, too bad they are so hard to come by! I need 3 more to complete the series, not including the GO tab.

Gary

Gary,

Sounds like I need to go to MAX and SOS.

Thanks for your reply. Do you have the 4 blade silver?

Bill

Hi Gary,

Yes, I did used to go by PaulMedic. I decided to go by my real name. Like Bill stated, the tab would have been one to have gotten... especially if he would go down in his price. Do you remember his name? Maybe you could google search him and find his company phone number or email?

Regards

Paul Reck

Hi Paul (sent you a PM),

I do recall the PaulMedic name. I was in the Infantry and served as a volunteer EMT for a few years.

Attached are a few nice tabs. General officer tabs still attached to the cardboard salesman card. The tabs below that are an unissued set for SA Group 9.

I still have the dealers name and have thought about contacting him, but I am not sure if they are real. My son (10) was really pushing for me to get them. Heck its not his money!

Gary

Hi Gary,

Yes, I did used to go by PaulMedic. I decided to go by my real name. Like Bill stated, the tab would have been one to have gotten... especially if he would go down in his price. Do you remember his name? Maybe you could google search him and find his company phone number or email?

Regards

Paul Reck

Edited by Gary B

Hi Paul,

Just added the pictures. New program and I am trying to figure it out....

Gary B

I too was in the infantry in the Marine Corps. I am now a medic in the Coast Guard. :cheers:

I am sorry to say that I do not see a picture attached.

Paul

Edited by Gary B

Hi Gary,

I did receive your PM. I was away from the computer most of the day yesterday.

Anyway, here are the Engineer tabs you were speaking of. I blew them up a bit. Please forgive the grainy appearance. I see what you mean with the Major's tab. I have never seen a backing like that!

Regards

PAul

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my early Signals tab.

The reason I emphasize the word early is that in April of 1938, the waffenfarbe changed from the Light Brown Waffenfarbe as seen here, to the more commonly encountered "Golden Brown" that will be shown later. The difference is subtile but with side by side comparison, very evident.

This tab is ranked as a Leutnant

Grey Mystery tabs...

I came across this set of tabs in a very large lot of 100% original insignia from a noncollector recently. In construction and materials used, they are completely period in every manner except in color(in my opinion). I am studing a couple of avenues including a late war Propaganda Waffenfarbe(late 44). I will keep everyone posted either way. I have a very good feeling.

Time and research will tell one way or another.

Very nice tabs :love:

I'm afraid I only have one set of tabs,a Major of flight/para....and I haven't even got a straight on scan of them :angry:

I'll get a proper obv/rev scan done of them tomorrow.

Dave

[attachmentid=21193]

• 2 weeks later...