News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hallo gentlemen,

I need again your help to find informations about (some of) this officiers (or the Armeekorps).

This picture was taken around 1917 near the Westfront. Sorry - that's all ...! :rolleyes:

I will be very appreciate for any information about this picture!

Thanks and best regards, :cheers:

Jens

Officers from Baden with Great Duke of Baden. It's interresting to see a knight cross of Karl Friedrich just awarded on button of one officer. Do you have an exact date on the back of the photo. I have seen some faces in the history regiment unit but where I don't remember.

Very nice photo. Don't hesitate to post a close up of the General with Pour le M?rite in the section Officer with PlM

Probably Saschaw has more information

Regards

Christophe

Christophe,

thank you for your information! And sorry, I have no more information about this picture! :rolleyes:

From which person you like to have a single close-up?

Thanks and best regards, :beer:

Jens

NO Mike, the Great Duke is Number 2. He never received the PlM.

Christophe

Sorry about that! :speechless: First of all I didn't realize that was a PLM, I thought it was a Johanniter cross. The Grand Duke himself looks a lot older that other photos of him :speechless1: that I've seen and I've never seen him with glasses on either, so I was going with number 3 (although his mustache is a bit too small). :rolleyes:

Also I guess the breast star on number 3 got me confused. The Grand Duke is rather underdressed!

Edited by Mike Dwyer

...thanks Daniel! Felix Hugo Theodor Langer get's his PLM in October 1917, so the picture

is before this date! (he was the commander of the 28. Inftanterie-Division (XIV.AK)).

Great - thanks a lot and best regards, :cheers:

Jens

• 1 year later...

...thanks Daniel! Felix Hugo Theodor Langer get's his PLM in October 1917, so the picture

is before this date! (he was the commander of the 28. Inftanterie-Division (XIV.AK)).

Great - thanks a lot and best regards, cheers.gif

Jens

OK took a while. All that wild goose chase with Sachsen units. No 3 was Otto v Garnier. You can see Red Eagle Order breast star in the same position on pocket flap. So why was Garnier there? Between his PLM on 17.10.1916 and Langer's on 08.10.1917, Garnier was Kmdr V Res Korps. Was that part of AOK7? I started off as a Wehrmacht reseracher so I am spoiled with Mehner and Georg Tessin. Soooooooo hard to get a decent OOB at your finger tips.

Cheers

Elwyn

/..... Hänisch as XIV Korps Kmdr was too late for the time the pic was taken. Eh... of course I meant Badisch units.

Unfortunately, there are many known pics of Kmdrs of 28 ID or 29 ID

Edited by freiherr

/..... Hänisch as XIV Korps Kmdr was too late for the time the pic was taken. Eh... of course I meant Badisch units.

Unfortunately, there are many known pics of Kmdrs of 28 ID or 29 ID

... thanks a lot freiherr!

Best regards, cheers.gif

Jens

• 11 months later...

These pictures were taken in Verdun summer 1917.

v Garnier was Kmdr of Maarsgruppe Ost (from V Res Korps, I suppose). It had two Baden divisions under it: 28 Res Div under Alfred Zeithen and 228 ID under Paul v d Heyde ( and 25 Res Div with a Württemberg Gen Alfred Mohn) . I have never seen pictures of Paul Heinrich Sigusmund v d Heyde. But there was a Hermann Heinrich Sigismund v d Heyde that commanded 29 Badische ID. Were they related? The tiny pic I posted may indeed show Paul v d Heyde.

So v Garnier was here with Langer who was Kmdr of 28 Badische ID. 28 ID for sure participated in the Verdun Stellungkampfe under Maarsgruppe West (v Francois) and Maarsgruppe Ost.

Cheers

Freiherr