News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi gang,

In the long-ago, I picked up this "trapezoidal" bar, sans medals. Believing in "completion," even back then :D , I added the medals I thought were appropriate. In a recent, unexpected moment of illumination, it occurred to me that it was probably wrong! The trapezoidal mounting ended in 1914, yes? In which case, this bar should have 1870 EK2 and Service Medal, yes? :speechless:

---Rank Beginner

Guest Rick Research

It hung on into the late 1930s but was increasinly olllllllllllld fashioned.

The final ribbon is for the Austro-Hungarian 1908 Inhaber Jubilee Medal for regiments for which Emperor Franz Joseph was honorary Colonel-in-Chief.

See:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=32394

and good luck trying to FIND one! :speechless1:

Thanks Rick for setting me straight--- is it too early in the day to start crying in my beer? cheers.gif

Well, then, on what sorta ribbon does that little 1912-1913 cross belong?

---Perplexed

It hung on into the late 1930s but was increasinly olllllllllllld fashioned.

The final ribbon is for the Austro-Hungarian 1908 Inhaber Jubilee Medal for regiments for which Emperor Franz Joseph was honorary Colonel-in-Chief.

See:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=32394

and good luck trying to FIND one! :speechless1:

Guest Rick Research

Same exact ribbon :cheers: ...

only no German (until after the 1938 Anschluss made Austrians "German") had the 1912-13 Cross and no Austrian had the 1908 Inhaber Jubilee Cross.

Gee Rick, do your kids ever say, "Gee, Dad, you know EVERYTHING!"? No? Mine, neither! :D

Thanks for the correction... but then the 1912 cross is what, and from what state?

And in that posting you said "The last medal is the 1908 Austro-Hungarian Jubilee Medal for foreign regiments in a number of countries whose honorary Colonel-in-Chief was the Emperor Franz Joseph." Which would be the only right medal for that bar that I have?

Which, in the end means, too bad, Cartoonman, you are S-O-L.... (So-Outta-Likelihood[of ever finding one])! :(

---Confused But Gaining Traction

Same exact ribbon :cheers: ...

only no German (until after the 1938 Anschluss made Austrians "German") had the 1912-13 Cross and no Austrian had the 1908 Inhaber Jubilee Cross.

Guest Rick Research

This one:

The 1912-13 Mobilization Cross was given to Austro-Hungarian Forces along the borders during the two Balkans Wars of those years. It should be on the same ribbon only an Austrian 40mm wide trifold.