News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Cloth RAF Wings..Real and Values?

Greetings,

I have had the following two cloth RAF Wings for some time and just never got around to asking the questions, are they real and what values do they hold. From their looks and weathering, they appear real but I noticed differences in the two as follows. Style of feathering of the wings, Crowns are different and of course one can see that there is red within the crown of one. Also, what would be their age and thanks in advance!

Regards

Hi,

Have a look on this site http://www.ww2wings.com/wings/britainraf/b...nrafpilot.shtml There are loads of examples of genuine ones on there. WW2 ones vary a lot in design, quality, etc, because they tended to be made out of whatever material was available because "quality" cloth was hard to get hold of.

Unfortunately, I'm not an expert, but genuine WW2 wings seem to sell for about GBP 50 (approx) depending on the condition and rarity.

Hopefully someone who knows what they are talking about will be along soon!! :D

Cheers,

Jon