News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

:food-smiley-004:
    Hi,
    I`m thinking about starting to collect, Victorian Met Police Helmet Badges. I`ve seen repro ones which appear to have the Bobbies Number on them, in the design. Is this the case with real ones? How avaialble are they, and how much do they cost??

BJOW. animal

BJOW,

Not that's it's your bag, but don't go looking for any 'modern' helmet badges, certain old bill have got themselves into BIG trouble flogging current Police gear on e-bay. By 'big' i mean getting nicked kind of big!.... ohmy.gif

Having said that though, John has a lovely Police Community Support cap if you're interested... cheeky

• 1 month later...

Many Victorian and Edwardian Police Helmets had divisional numbers on the helmet plate including the Metropolitan Police. As has been pointed out the City of London Police I believe are the only force that have continued this practice.

As for the originality of helmet plates I am sure there are a few restrikes around but as to identifying good from bad it is not my area so can't help sorry sad.gif !