News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pakistan group of 8, just arrived

Brian Wolfe

Hello Everyone,

Considering the number of faked groups of Pakistan medals that are on the market I usually stear clear of them. This group, however, had the "look" of being halal so I've added it to the collection.

These are all unnamed which is normal when talking about the medals of Pakistan. This group consists of,

Tamgha-i-Jang 1971/War Medal

10 Year Military Service Medal

20 Year Military Service Medal

Wiladat-i-Quaid-i-Azam Medal (1976)

Hiri Medal (1979)

Jamhuriat Medal 1988

Pakistan Resolution Golden Jubilee 1988

Independence Day Golden Jubilee Medal (1997)

Looking at the medals and the dates they were issued (in brackets) it would look like this soldier served from at least 1971 until 1997. Considering he would have been in the military after 1997 in order to have actually received the Independence Golden Jubilee Medal we are looking at a career of around 26 or 27 years as there is no 30 Year Military Service Medal in the group.

It would also seem to indicate, according to the medals in the group, that he served during the 1971 Indo-Pakistan War but did not see combat.

I hope you like my latest addition.

Regards

Brian

Edited by Brian Wolfe

Yes, on the surface it looks good (though entirely unnamed). Not clear how many are officvial medals and how many are tailors' copies.

The label is "Pakistan Army Stores" (all transliterated English). Still working on the harder-to-read bottom lines.

Yes, on the surface it looks good (though entirely unnamed). Not clear how many are officvial medals and how many are tailors' copies.

The label is "Pakistan Army Stores" (all transliterated English). Still working on the harder-to-read bottom lines.

Thanks for the translation, Ed.

Regards

Brian

• 3 years later...

Very nice group - congratulations.

Great info as well - I have seen a book on ebay some time ago about Pakistani medals and decorations - cant remember what it was called though. Was for sale from a Pakistani source too.

Steve R

Hi Steve,

Thanks, it is one of my favourite groups in my the Pakistan collection.

I think the book you mentioned could be the one pictured below. I doesn't go into a lot of detail but considering the lack of good books on the subject on the market today this is worth having.

Regards

Brian

• 9 months later...