News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Guest Rick Research

To quote Ritter von Epp: "GOTTESMUTTER!!!!!" :Cat-Scratch: You've got 10 years worth of great photos at one show!!!! :speechless1:

#24-26-- will go look in Inf Rgt 93 Stammliste that was never printed when I go offline. Major Hermann Richter will be in there.

#27-28 no name on the ancient Bavarian Major wearing 25mm tab-backed ribbon bar? I have never seen that size in wear DURING THE WAR before.

#29-31 is Christian von Buchwaldt (1865-) of Bremen IR 75. Major RIR 12, OTL aD. This confirms his BH and adds his HH which we didn't know before. NOT wearing his two Orders from Sweden.

#32-33-- no name? HOH3X and MMV1.

#34-- HEY!!! :Cat-Scratch: You have the same place as MY photo of Siegfried von la Chevellarie-- only in yours he's wearing a hat and in mine he's got his helmet on!!!!

#36-- what is the General wearing over his EK1?

#37 Oberst zD Otto Rohe (1859-) commanded Bav EIR 3 22.11.14 to 17.11.16, when he took over Bav LIR 8 until 29.5.18. Then he was a section commander of Fortress Antwerp. BMV3XmKr.

#38-39 I think may be "Pl?schow" not "Pl?skow," but Seeheld's Mecklenburg rolls will sort that out.

#44-- NAUGHTY General is wearing his WW1 cavalry saber in the old unaltered 2 ring scabbard!!!

#46 VERY nice photo of Saxon (?) Hussar officer wearing his EK2 ribbon as a "bowtie" in the toggle of his tunic. You've got some really nice Ribbon Bar Article photos in this pile! :cheers:

#59-60 just show as little red x boxes for me.

Wow. What a haul!!!!! :jumping:

• Replies 131
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

Hmmmm. major aD Hermann Richter #24-26 was NOT--EVER-- a member of Inf Rgt 93! :Cat-Scratch::speechless1: Have to back-track and try and figure out how an Albert the Bear recipient native to Dassau managed THAT!

#52 Dr Voswinkel survived the war.

#54 alas did not. Leutnant der Reserve Otto Schmitz of Fu?artillerie Regiment 3 (hence nothing on the Baden or Hohenzollern Rolls for him) was killed in action at Malmaison Ferme, Chemin-des-Dames on 23 October 1917 while serving in Reserve Fu?artillerie Regiment 14.

:speechless1: :speechless1: :speechless1:

a three jaw-dropping salute.

You hit the motherload! Congratulations.

#25: Major Richter-that is an amazing WTF Weimar bar. Is that really an EK2/Anhalt/DEL/BavLS/Cnt/Bav jubilee group?

#36-Isn't that the Kaiserds' ADC badge?

Edited by Ulsterman

Guest Rick Research

#25: no. EK2 (no sign of him having an EK1 !), Anhalt Friedrich Cross--both on combatant ribbons, German Honor Legion, Prussian XXV (maybe XX?), 1897, and Anhalt Albert the Bear-Knight ("honey" or "polar" bear?). I haven't been able to get back to the Mysterious Major Richter to figure out how and what he could have been to NOT have ever--ever--served in IR 93. :speechless1:

#36-- that was my first thought, but it looks small.