News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Questions on a Pike Grey tunic

Gordon Craig

Hello,

from the background, I think I know where the tunic is located, in Vienna. In my opinion, perhaps the most serious and experienced dealer of A-H Orders & Decorations in Austria.

Is there any name inside the jacket? The ribbon should indicate that the former owner was knight of the Military Orde of Maria Theresia...

Best wishes,

Enzo

Enzo,

There was nothing in the jacket that I could see but I'll have to take abetter look when I am back in the shop. While the owner of the store is very knowledgable, I am always leery of something that looks to-good-to-be true. Hence my question. It is a very interesting tunic but at the price one needs to be sure of what one is buying and I have never bought one of these before. All my Austro-Hungarian tunics are earlier than this one.

Regards,

Gordon

• 2 years later...

Charles,

In total, 9 Austrian tunics, but they span from the mid 19th century to the end of the 20th cenntury. I am only adding Austrian tunics to my colllection that I find really interesting. Not enough room for what I have now in my various collections. I missed two First Republic police tunics earlier this year. I don't see many Austrian uniforms for sale since I moved back to Canada.

Regards,

Gordon

9 tunics is a lot. I have four tunics and I've just made a deal for a 5th that I posted images of on another thread. I thought it was a Sapper Lt tunic and so did (does) seller but now think maybe its a "Militar bauingenieure" or "Technische Beamte des Technischen Militarkomitees" based on information provided by a helpful person on WAF.

I guess the holidays have most busy as I anticipated more input here.

• 4 years later...

Elmar : The tunic looks republican to me , first the shade of the grey , second the green collar tabs the most common colour in this era , third the cut , very plain and the absent bar of decorations . the material looks like a light woolen cloth not the late ww1 tricot made almost all of artificial fibres of good look but rather weak . but is only my point of view . the tunic must have some internal tag of taylor taille , etc  ¿can you look inside ?