News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

And Iron Crosses For All. Group Photo Gren.-Regt. 7.

Always like this group photo from the 4th Komp. Gren.-Regt. 7. as it seems that every soldier has at a minimum the Iron Cross 2nd Class. This was mailed on 4-8-1915 and was wondering if someone has any info on what this regiment was doing around that time. Thank you,

Bryan

It was early in the war for such a high percentage of men to have the EK II. Perhaps it is a subset of the men, even possibly after an awards ceremony. The percentage of NCOs is very high. Not a random sample of the regiment.

If you would zoom in with a scan on the text half of the reverse to greater magnification maybe someone (like myself) who can read Suetterlin but has weak eyes (probably related, I suspect) can read it; the answer might be there.

Bob Lembke

PS: Ulsterman posted while I scribbled.

Guest Rick Research

Upside down in the message part facing the rectangular stamp says "These are the heroes of the 4th company" so perhaps it was a group photo of everyone who HAD been decorated with an EK2-- never seen the like before! :cheers: