News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Well, many of you may remember that my wife's family is from Germany, but no one in her family ever did anything interesting. Until I found her great-uncle was a Gebirgsjaeger. And now I unearthed a letter from her grandfather with the following information. Yes, I have her mom looking for the items mentioned...

Any help identifying what is detailed or where to look for more is of great interest!

---------------

Written by my wife's grandfather:

My father was Max Emil Ganzauge, owner of a prosperous Kachel Stove and Tile Plant (likely in Chemnitz). He was born in 1864 and died in 1936. His wife was Marie Martha Biehle who gave him 2 daughters and 2 sons, of which I was the youngest.

My grandfather was Theodore Rudolf Ganzauge, born 17 Jan 1823, died in 1887. He was alaso in the ceramic business. His wife was Rosine Eva Wagner from Skupitz in Bohemia. She was a Catholic but converted.

(Info on the below unit needed)

My great grandfather was Johann Gottlieb Ganzauge, born 2 Feb 1773. He served as Fourier in the KSI Regiment Prinz Maximillian under Captain von Schlegel with Napoleon in the war with Russia. He was awarded some medals and a silver watch which I still have. :love: After the war of 1812 he was an arithmetic teacher and married Auguste Frederike Wurstling 15 Sep 1814.

My great-great grandfather was Johann Georges Ganzauge, a noble city councelor and court official. Later he was a tax collector. He married Frederike Amalia Truve, daughter of the merchant John August Truve on 9 April 1770.

My great-great-great grandfather was Johann George Ganzauge, a wealthy landowner in Dittsmannsdorf near Freiberg. No detaails.

-------------

Well, I think I did OK in unearthing this. Now if only we can find the trinkets!

Marc

Hi Marc... very interesting. I think to find the history is pretty special. My relatives in Europe last fought during the French Revolution and were lucky to escape the country with their heads. if you could even find a photograph of your relative that would be pretty special. The "trinkets".... spectacular!