News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I just bought 2 more Bars this weekend and have now filled the case ..even though these are not super rare medals , I'm sure the original owners were very proud of them . I'm just glad to "baby-sit" them

Thanks --Mike

Good job! Now go buy another case and get started!! ;)

Hi Bob , I found a dealer set up in an Antique Mall that does not know German Militaria but ..within the past year ..I bought all of these Bars from him ! I can't figure out what's going on with this guy ! Every month or so I check him out and he has a few more...and he's cheap too. The Bars run about $20 to $25 per Medal. Really strange ...I started wondering if they were making these as well as everything else these days. But ..they look good .. Maybe he's the "X-Files" Dealer or something

I think I'll bring him a picture of a Knights Cross and see what he can do for me :rolleyes:

Guest Rick Research

I'd call a "yellow-blue" noncombatant Brunswick Ernst August Cross

Pretty Durned Rare Indeed! Took me thirty some years to find one. :cheers:

Killer bars! Could you please post some close ups of the Non-Com Brunswick bar as well as the larger bar on top!

Thank you for sharing :cheers:

Paul

Rick ..you must be kidding.

You know I collect WW2 so ..I had no idea. I think that bar cost $20 per medal. He said he has more so ..no done with him yet

Here's my special Brunswick pair...

If I had THAT set ..I would have made the time to research what I had. This guy had another medal that he had no clue about ..I bought it ($40) , it's some sort of Papal Medal from the 20's ? looks like a Jeweler made it. Even though it was really out of my collecting "sphere" I could not pass it up . I'll post a picture of that as well in case someone can ID it

Thanks Mike!

I see a penchant for the FAK's...

I do like the Brunswick NC bar...Sweeet!

Thanks for showing.

Bob.....

Awesome wee bar! i LOVE IT!

Cheers

Paul

PS: ( Shameless Plug) have a look at the military Vehicles forum...i have uploaded the pictorial history of my 741B army Indian Motorcycle restoration project....over a period of 10 years...

Exactly what I was going to say Paul....lots of Oldenburgs there! Outstanding groups Mike, my congratulations!

cheers Jason

Thanks Jason and Paul ! Here's another one I forgot to post here since it's a bar ..nice cased set that came with an early BrigadeFhr SA Shirt. Great cut-out that fits the bottom of the EK

Edited by Mike

Are there loops on the tunic to support these awards?

Paul R

There are 2 small holes that line up with the back of the bar where the loops were but , were ripped off (not carefully removed). Almost as if someone pulled the bar off the shirt. Another set of loops still there for the EK and one set for the Turk Iron Crescent and one for a wound badge. There's no ID tag in the uniform so I don't have a clue who's it was. I'm hoping that someday I'll see a picture of an older SA General wearing this setup ..but , who knows? The guy could have been given an honorary rank or maybe retired right after his promotion. It's an early style shirt (no shoulderboard) but ..it has a cufftitle that came after the shoulderboard reg came in. The man prob wore it twice a year so nobody would give him any grief about not having a regulation uniform. Like many things in this hobby ...we find the pieces History leaves behind.. and then try to fit things back together so it makes sense ..60 years later.

Edited by Mike

Wow! I love anything Saxon, enlisted bars or officers bars!!! Even better with an Iron Half-Moon, I just wish my grandfather had got one of these instead of a butchers bayonet and a belt buckle when he was in the Light Horse!

Thats a ripper set Mike!!

cheers Jason

• 1 month later...
    • 8 months later...