News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Endley Collection : Part 1 : The Sudan and Iraq

sabrigade

• 1 month later...

I am in complete awe of the scope and breadth of your collection. I think I would be happy to be the house cleaner just to be in the same rooms with all this history, truly breathtaking....THIS is what we aspire to as keepers of history....many thanks for what you do and have done.

Tony

Morning Will

Always knew it was a massive collection... I have no words only admiration. For me I can only hope, dream and aspire to have such a collection one day when i'm big.

Looking forward to the images of the other parts of your collection.

Regards :beer:

Norman

• 2 weeks later...

This portrays most of the medals that I have acquired here in the Sudan. It includes two gordon star's for the siege of Khartoum. There are also examples of the coins that were struck by the Mahdi in Omdurman before his death. The two table knives have Victorian markings on them.

Hi and compliments for your splendid display !

May I ask you to post some detailed images of the 3 Khedive Sudan 1910 medals with clasps (two with 1 clasp and one with 3 clasps) you have in your medal collection ?

I'm deeply interested in this medal and on his clasps.

Many Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Lilo

• 5 months later...

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_09_2009/post-3034-125404386359.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_09_2009/post-3034-125404391576.jpg

SOME PERIOD DE-ACTIVATED FIREARMS THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN USED DURING THE VARIOUS SUDANESE CAMPAIGNS.

The breast plate was purchased by myself in the Omdurman Souk or Market.

PARTICIPANTS IN THE BATTLE OF OMDURMAN

I reframed this collection of badges a few months ago. Some of the Sudanese badges were probably issued and worn at a later stage but I have used them to represent and symbolise the Sudanese contribution to the Battle.