Gentleman's Military Interest Club
sabrigade

The Endley Collection : Part 1 : The Sudan and Iraq

A fine display - thank you for sharing - museum-quality stuff. You've obviously worked very hard at this.

Very Nice collection & worth so much today because some very rare pieces from Iraq are open-priced today. Thanks for photosharing with us & with my greetings.

I am in complete awe of the scope and breadth of your collection. I think I would be happy to be the house cleaner just to be in the same rooms with all this history, truly breathtaking....THIS is what we aspire to as keepers of history....many thanks for what you do and have done.

Tony

I honestly thought I was looking at somebody's pictures of his vacation at a large museum...

Stunning! Simply stunning!

Thank you for the kind comments and for also spending time looking at these posts.

Morning Will

Always knew it was a massive collection... I have no words only admiration. For me I can only hope, dream and aspire to have such a collection one day when i'm big.

Looking forward to the images of the other parts of your collection.

Regards :beer:

Norman

This portrays most of the medals that I have acquired here in the Sudan. It includes two gordon star's for the siege of Khartoum. There are also examples of the coins that were struck by the Mahdi in Omdurman before his death. The two table knives have Victorian markings on them.

Hi and compliments for your splendid display !

May I ask you to post some detailed images of the 3 Khedive Sudan 1910 medals with clasps (two with 1 clasp and one with 3 clasps) you have in your medal collection ?

I'm deeply interested in this medal and on his clasps.

Many Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Lilo

I have asked my wife to take photographs and will post them as soon as possible, Thank you for the interest!

I have asked my wife to take photographs and will post them as soon as possible, Thank you for the interest!

Hi Sabrigade,

Many Thanks and Best Regards

Lilo

CLOSE UP OF THE THREE CLASPS

S KORDOFAN 1910

LAU NUER

ATWOT 1918

Hi again Sabrigade,

My compliments for such splendid medals and clasps.

Many thanks for your help

Best Regards

Lilo

Some updates and changes as well as additions.

My collection of Queen's Sudan and Khedive's Sudan Medal 1896 to 1908.

MEDALS TO THE SUDANESE BATTALIONS

My forum friend mark has been instrumental in providing a good amount of insight and assistance in identifying some of the recipients.

MY COLLECTION OF KHEDIVE'S SUDAN MEDALS AND CLASPS 1896-1908

I still require the clasps for Gedaref, Bahr-el Ghazal 1900-2, Jerok and Katfia to complete my collection of the 15 various clasps.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_09_2009/post-3034-125404386359.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_09_2009/post-3034-125404391576.jpg

SOME PERIOD DE-ACTIVATED FIREARMS THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN USED DURING THE VARIOUS SUDANESE CAMPAIGNS.

The breast plate was purchased by myself in the Omdurman Souk or Market.

PARTICIPANTS IN THE BATTLE OF OMDURMAN

I reframed this collection of badges a few months ago. Some of the Sudanese badges were probably issued and worn at a later stage but I have used them to represent and symbolise the Sudanese contribution to the Battle.