News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DDR Paratrooper

Hi,

Your problem with up loading photos is due to the restrictions the GMIC places on probationary members. Here is an excerpt from the GMIC rules that covers this area.

4. Probationary Members Accounts:

On joining the forum members will be given a restricted users account. This account gives members the ability to post messages and upload small photographs, but has other restrictions placed on it. This account will automatically be upgraded to a ?Full Membership? account when the new member has shown commitment to the club and is deemed by the management to be suitable for full membership.

Note that probabtionary members have the right to upload "small photographs". Unfortunately, the club rules don't specify what constitutes a "small photograph" so that you would know what you are restricted to. I went looking on the forum to find what size you would be able to load but I was unsuccessful in finding anything. It is probably listed somewhere but not in any place that I looked. I beleive I have heard someone say that 70k was the largest photo a probationary member could post. I would very much like to see your photos so please try and reduce them to a size that will be accepted.

Regards,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your quick reply! I'll try it this way!

Thanks,

JD

• Replies 110
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally I managed the Avatar, but I'm still not able to upload pics even in small sizes.

Anyhow i think I'll leave it at this point. If anyone is interested in information's about the EG Paratroopers the please check the following link:

www.nva-fallschirmjaeger.de (unfortunately only in German) but you will find easily loads of pics and informations about the EG Paras.

You will find a couple of pics and more under my username joergd

Cheers,

JD

Edited by gismo2004

Finally I managed the Avatar, but I'm still not able to upload pics even in small sizes.

Anyhow i think I'll leave it at this point. If anyone is interested in information's about the EG Paratroopers the please check the following link:

www.nva-fallschirmjaeger.de (unfortunately only in German) but you will find easily loads of pics and informations about the EG Paras.

You will find a couple of pics and more under my username joergd

Cheers,

JD

JD - Welcome to the GMIC DDR forum. One of my collecting areas in NVA Fallschirmjäger uniforms, badges, equipment, etc. I'm registered on www.nva-fallschirmjaeger.de as Ehrentitle, but unfortunately my German is limited so I don't contribute. Kevin

JD,

Sorry that the pictures still don't work for you. I'll ask some of the other forum staff if they have any suggestions. We just moved to a new server and new software a couple of days ago and we are still having some problems in a few areas so please bear with us while we sort it out. I'll get back to you with whatever answer I come up with.

Thanks for posting the link. I'll have a look later today.

Regards,

Gordon

JD,

Spoke to Nick, The Chairman, and he said that he was moving all of the pictures previously posted to the GMIC from the old server to the new server last night and picture posting privileges were suspended while this was taking place. To see what the restrictions are on a Probationary Member go to the start of the GMIC Forum titled RULES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS. Under that heading the first item is NEWS. Click on NEWS and you will find a thread telling you what you can and can not do as a Probationary Mmeber and as a Regular Member. Picture size is actually limited to 60k for Probationary Members. Loking forward to seeing your pictures here soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,

Gordon

• 2 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

A falli combat knife.

Hello Gordon,

I came across this site because i was looking on the internet to find a east german dagger finally i came across this site and saw that you have the same knife i have in my possesion ever since my father died.

He collected DDR uniforms and weapons most of his collection i gave away to my nepew but this knife i kept and was still lying around on the attic.

It's the Kampfdolch der NVA-Fallschirmjager thanks to your posting here my question is i would like to sell the knife it is in excelled condition and as i think with Web strap.

How much do you think i could ask for it? I already put an ad on a dutch internet site but i find it difficult what kind of price i should ask

I hope you can help me

Greetings Renaco

Renaco,

Sorry but I can not help you with the current price for these knives. I bought mine several years ago and do not remember what I paid for it. I suggest that you go onto ebay.de and do a search for one of these knives. That is the only way that I know of that will give you the current asking price for onr.

Regards,

Gordon

They come up occasionally on US E-bay in the range of $150-$300 depending on condition and if they have the original numbered box and additional straps. I purchased mine a year ago for $200, but East German para items have been increasing in value over the last year or so. Kevin

Renaco,

Sorry but I can not help you with the current price for these knives. I bought mine several years ago and do not remember what I paid for it. I suggest that you go onto ebay.de and do a search for one of these knives. That is the only way that I know of that will give you the current asking price for onr.

Regards,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your quick reply after lots of hours on the internet I finally found 1 selling site from Germany he's selling the knife,on ebay i couldn't find it

http://www.egun.de/market/item.php?id=2490801&PHPSESSID=138c

I think on my opinion he's asking to much but maybe i'm mistaken if anybody is interesting in bying my knife it's also for sale i'm asking 150 Euro's please send an E-mail because i'm not always checking my messages on this site.

Greetings Renaco

• 4 weeks later...

Good evening,

It's a while ago when I was here on your site. Let me try again to add some pictures.

As requested in a earlier post here is a pic from a "Ausgangsuniform" of a FJB Member in the Rank of "Stabsgefreiter" - at least in the second or third year of service!

Regards,

Joerg

Good evening,

It's a while ago when I was here on your site. Let me try again to add some pictures.

As requested in a earlier post here is a pic from a "Ausgangsuniform" of a FJB Member in the Rank of "Stabsgefreiter" - at least in the second or third year of service!

Regards,

Joerg

Joerg - Those are some outstanding photos. Especially the first one since it's the first time I've seen the GST Fallshirmsportleistungsabzeichen worn on the NVA uniform.

Joerg - Those are some outstanding photos. Especially the first one since it's the first time I've seen the GST Fallshirmsportleistungsabzeichen worn on the NVA uniform.

I agree! In the group photos, which one is you? Is that portrait of you as well?

I agree! In the group photos, which one is you? Is that portrait of you as well?

Hi Guys,

The GST Badge was worn privately and was oficcially not part of any "Lametta". Most of the guys got from somewhere badges or medals, wven from the Russians or Poland a put them on the uniform.

Myself I've worn a badge from the Polish Paratrooper and I've officilally received a badge from the Nord Korean Army...something like "Best Soldier" of their Army.

You see me on the picture with both uniforms (i'm the one in field gear) and on the first group pic down left in the corner.

The portrait pic is not me, it's one from the NVA-Fallschirmjaegerforum. The pic was taken in the beginning of the 80's (I thing) and was re-coloured this year!

Regards,

Joerg

Edited by joergd

Joerg - Thanks for your comments on the GST Badge. Do you mind if I ask another question on the Fallschirm Dienstlaufbahnabzeichen that was worn on the lower left arm of the dress uniform until 1986? Some believe the type shown below was only worn by the Air Force Fallschirmdienst, while the 40. Fallschirmjägerbataillon wore a slightly different one with a "gull wing" at the bottom of the parachute. Others believe the the one shown below was for non-parachute qualified members of the 40th. Do you know who wore this Dienstlaufbahnabzeichen? Kevin

4151594938_a0391163e9.jpg

Edited by ehrentitle

Joerg - Thanks for your comments on the GST Badge. Do you mind if I ask another question on the Fallschirm Dienstlaufbahnabzeichen that was worn on the lower left arm of the dress uniform until 1986? Some believe the type shown below was only worn by the Air Force Fallschirmdienst, while the 40. Fallschirmjägerbataillon wore a slightly different one with a "gull wing" at the bottom of the parachute. Others believe the the one shown below was for non-parachute qualified members of the 40th. Do you know who wore this Dienstlaufbahnabzeichen? Kevin

Hi Kevin,

when I came into the FJB in 1986 all arm batches have been taken off only the badge for the longer serving (Uffz.) remained. In the FJB actually the version with the wings have been used, i thing similar to the one we've worn on the Barrett.

But I'll double check for you!

Regards,

Joerg

• 3 weeks later...

Kevin,

I've got the informations from a former comrade who really should know as he was a former leading member of the Fallschirmdienst.

This batches have only been used in the Fallschirm- and Rettungsdienst of the LSK/LV (FRD) of the NVA

The left side one for Officers and "Faehnriche" (Don't know the description in English)

The right side one for Soldiers and Sergeants (this one was a temporary version which was very unliked)

Kind regards,

Joerg

Edited by joergd