News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DDR Paratrooper

Thank you for answering my many questions. I have one of the older style orange berets. I really love them as well. They really compliment a uniform display.

So just to clarify, your doctor wore the regular Fallschirmjager orange insignia? I would have loved to seen his uniform! Do you remember his rank(Hauptmann or etc)?

Dear Paul,

as far as I remember - yes! He's rank was Hauptmann.

I'll see if I can organize a picture from him in Uniform!

Regards,

Joerg

Edited by joergd

• 7 months later...
    • Replies 110
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gents,

I am going to have to resurrect this old thread because I've just come across two DDR sport para badges which have the hangers and I would like to share them with you all.

First off, the silver badge:

silver5.jpg

silver3.jpg

silver2.jpg

silver1.jpg

And then the gold badge:

gold1.jpg

gold2.jpg

gold3.jpg

Can anyone tell me what the serial number is for, and why the bottom front of the silver badge is a "blank rectangle", but the same place on the gold badge has a tricolour flag?

-Alf

These two sport parachute badges of the Flug und Fallschirmsportverband der DDR (FFSV) are hard to find. They are Fallschirmsportleistungsabzeichen that were issued until 1977 and the early ones were numbered on the back and registered to the individual they were awarded to. The hangers indicate the number of jumps and are also very hard to find. The badge in post #103 appears to be a very early version from around 1957. If it is origninal it would be very rare indeed.

For more infomation on these badges see this article in German:

http://www.fallschir...e/?page_id=1671

Edited by ehrentitle

Thanks for the link, my friend! How have you been since we met?

These two sport parachute badges of the Flug und Fallschirmsportverband der DDR (FFSV) are hard to find. They are Fallschirmsportleistungsabzeichen that were issued until 1977 and the early ones were numbered on the back and registered to the individual they were awarded to. The hangers indicate the number of jumps and are also very hard to find. The badge in post #103 appears to be a very early version from around 1957. If it is origninal it would be very rare indeed. For more infomation on these badges see this article in German: http://www.fallschir...e/?page_id=1671

I'm doing well. How about you? The two DDR sport parachute badges you posted are quite outstanding, not something you see every day. Are they in your collection?

Thank you again for the orange parachute patch I got from you last year. I also remember you posted some early West German badges on the WAF forum last year.

Kevin

They are not in my collection, but I am hoping to try and bring them home! I'm glad you could use the orange para patch, and yes! Those early West German badges are in my collection. I'll keep you all posted if I manage to secure the DDRs. -Alf

I'm doing well. How about you? The two DDR sport parachute badges you posted are quite outstanding, not something you see every day. Are they in your collection? Thank you again for the orange parachute patch I got from you last year. I also remember you posted some early West German badges on the WAF forum last year. Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

That's interesting! Do you know where I could find the register? It would be nice to know who the badges were awarded to, just for fun.

Alf, Very nice, thanks for sharing these early sports parachute badges with us. Somewhere there is a register which indicates who these numbered badges were awarded to. Kevin