News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

show your Spanish crosses

Jacques

• Replies 152
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks Scott!

The CEJ has a heavy dark patina to it, but I just can't bring myself to clean it. I have a matching early CEJ pilot badge (J1) as well. I almost bought a plain 900 from Philipp Military a few years back until they "lost" it at one of the major European shows along with many other high value items. That one was nice and bright white. Wish I had got it instead of waiting for the price to come down a bit. Oh well.

Tim

Thanks Scott!

The CEJ has a heavy dark patina to it, but I just can't bring myself to clean it. I have a matching early CEJ pilot badge (J1) as well. I almost bought a plain 900 from Philipp Military a few years back until they "lost" it at one of the major European shows along with many other high value items. That one was nice and bright white. Wish I had got it instead of waiting for the price to come down a bit. Oh well.

Tim

CEJ Silber is very nice details,Tim!

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2009/post-2715-1238013153.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2009/post-2715-1238013205.jpg

Both nice crosses gents! :cheers:

These were really nice looking awards; back when design and quality of workmanship still meant something.

Tim

Hi,Spanienkreuz of friend!

I have one of Spanienkreuz Gold CEJ,Only one.Please :cheeky::cheeky: :cheeky:

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2009/post-2715-1238013153.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_03_2009/post-2715-1238013205.jpg

Hi,Spanienkreuz of friend!

I have one of Spanienkreuz Gold CEJ,Only one.Please :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Hello!

AMAZING,STUNNING find. :jumping::jumping::jumping::beer:

All the best

Nesrdep

Wow Naoki!

Are all your SC's cased? Very nice!!

Just some inspirational eye candy at this point! Let's see more!! :cheers:

Tim

Hi,Tim!!

:cheers:

I hope to get MINT Civil medal!!Your medals are nice mint!

Yes,but a with oroginal case ,this 835silber only.

GoldCEJ900,Silber CEJ900 are no case,NUTS!

This bronze ,cut swords!

I interest to right medal very much.Right medal,what ?

• 7 months later...

Hi Jacques How can you say the S&L droop tail eagles on my cross are ugly,I have only just joined this site and find a photo of my two S&L cross/s normal and droop tail displayed by Harrier.I dont mind them being displayed but it would have been polite to ask,I post photo of eagle.Regards Charlie .

Hi Harrier,

I can't believe these drop tail eagles crosses original. these eagles are particularly crude. look at the difference between your last two Steinhauer. the first, which I guess original has the typical Steinhauer eagle, the second has drop tail eagles; why Steinhauer should have made so ugly eagles at the middle to the end of the war instead of the previous ones ? you can see the soldering at the top of the wings on your second cross. I don't have it in hands, but could it be possible that fake eagles could have been soldered to an original base?

Concerning Doehle images, they are drawings and not pictures.

Except very few crosses, like the one you shown, all the drop tail eagles crosses shown typical fake construction (pin, hinge, hook, swords gips, etc..), this why I don't think they are war period, but much more post-war made. May be some were made very early after the war, using original base stocks, as souvenirs for GI's; and the others are 70's-80's fakes.

I've no proof, it is just deduction, logic, and feeling; so this statement only engage myself. I prefer to avoid these drop tail eagles crosses and I consider them as fakes or post-war made.

here is a picure shared by CHE, and it is one of the cross with diamonds I consider original.

Charlie,

Welcome to this forum and thanks very much for that nice detailed shot of the eagle on your cross, which I agree is NOT crude or ugly at all.

Sorry to have used your photos. They were posted originally without restriction on another forum, I believe, and I had them in my data bank. In retrospect,to have been polite, I probably should have gone back and tried to find them as originally shown and acknowledged you as the original source!

Best,

Harrier

Hi Charlie,

welcome to the forum. In order to illustrate our/my opinion, I used pictures I have in my data base, And I confess that sometimes I don't know who is/was the original owner, and thus can't ask him the permission. So sorry if Harrier used your cross, I should had done the same, and I already did the same. The aim is to illustrate/discuss/ with collectors and sometimes give an help. I just give my opinion, it is not THE absolute truth , but just an opinion; it has to be confirmed by others, by books, by experts, and overall our own opinion and feeling. I never try to convince anyone, but just give my feeling.

Concerning the drop tail eagles, in which my opinion (still open ) differs from Harrier's one, is that I find them ugly; it is my own opinion and feeling as I wrote. compared to other well detailed and designed eagles from S&L, yes I find them crude. I also find the Zimmermann pigeon looking eagles head ugly.

Best regards

jacques

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old thread, but I just acquired this Deumer Bronze, and thought I'd post it for reference.

Edit: I'd like to post larger pictures of it, but the size limit is rather restrictive.

Edited by Scott

Hi Scott,

Nice cross. I like the crosses made by Deumer. they are well detailled. Note how the eagles and the swords grip are sharp.

This one is to my opinion a mid-war production due to the form of the pin and the hinge.

regards

jacques