News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My second favorite bars to collect are those from Wurttemberg. That top bar is a bit sloppy... this tells me that he may have removed a ribbon at some point. Maybe when the Hinderburg cross came out, he ditched two commerative medals? That is just a theory...

Please do post yours

Edited by Paul Reck

Rick,

That top bar of yours has several ribbons I have never seen before. The only one that I reconize is the Austrian medal. Can you please list them out?

Christophe,

Thank you for posting your bars. You sure have some gems! That Colonial Bar is awesome. Thank you!

Regards

Paul

This is the only one that I have a photo of handy (I'm in the midst of a Windows reinstall on the machine that has all of my photos). My other Wurttemburg bar is an EK / Bravery Medal / Hindenburg Cross / Turkish War Medal combo - my very first ribbon bar, in fact. :D

IPB Image

The W?rttemburg bar I listed has:

Long Service in first (out of order, but made that way!)

Wilhelm's Cross with Swords

Austrian War Ribbon with Swords

Flanders Cross with Swords (Veteran's piece)

landsknechte,

Thank you! I look forward to seeing your other bar when you get a chance!! How can you tell where it is from?

Rick,

That bar of yours is really nice. I am suprised at difference in the colors with the LS medal on my bar and the one on yours.

Hi Paul, yours is pretty faded! There is always a possibility that the first ribbon is being used to signify an Oldenburg Friedrich August Cross, 2. Klasse, on the Non-Combattant ribbon..... but that would be really stretching the envelope of reality for me. Since this is a definate 1920's era bar one can never say "never"....

Paul and Jason,

Thank you for sharing your sets.

Jason,

That medal bar is a very sharp example! I have the medals for my three piece bar, yet the are seperate as Paul's are. I will post them later.

Thanks for sharing!

Keep posting if you have them!!

Regards

Paul

Guest Rick Research

Mine:

[attachmentid=16503]

I have never been able to identify the ANCIENT officer with the 1936 Olympics Decoratrion 2nd Class-- oddly enough, the only ID'd one here is the THREE ribbon bar (a Reichsheer Veterinarian, of all people).

The Gold MMM recipient bar at bottom right is on the strange silver bakelite plastic backing peculiar to an as-yet unidentified outfitter.