News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Schinkel Form EKs

• Replies 170
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 4 months later...

Is this a Schinkel B 1.class or a converted 2.class? The back plate seems to be in silver. It's not fitted 100% accurate and seems to be thinner than normal and the pin...? It got this circle on the upper arm were the loop for the 2.class is fitted but I think I have seen this on other 1939 1.classe's. (I got one on a 1957).

Have not seen any reverse photos of a Shinkel B 1. class, so I would appreciate to see one.

Kjell

Hello

I have just received this Schinkle A Type EK2. Not the prettiest in the world as a lot of the paint is missing from the front, (it looks to me like someone has removed it prior to trying to re-paint it or to remove rust). However, that aside, does this cross look good or bad ?

It measures 42.62mm x 43.07mm. It is of three piece construction, magnetic iron core and carries no maker marks. The ring eye on the top arm isn't attached to the frame on the rear, (whether it ever was I can't tell).

As usual any and all comments and observations welcomed.

Many thanks.

Hello

Nobody got any comments or opinions on this one ? I know it's not the prettiest of crosess, but I got it really dirt cheap. I'm ok that's it the genuine article, but having never handled or seen a Schinkel 'in the flesh' I would really appreciate some of the experts opinions.

Many thanks.

BTT

Hello

Thanks for that Joe. :beer: Why someone would want to remove the paint from the front like that defies logic to me. I like your suggestion, and if, make that when I get another one, which is intact I'll display them as you suggest.

• 3 months later...