News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Officers Shoulder Board Thread

Lets see shoulder boards in all shapes and forms!

Best would be a scan on a white background, front and back.

Anyone posting a board is agreeing that they may be used in a database (if we get enough to justify one).

Officers, other ranks, pre war, wartime, etc. etc. etc.... lets see them!

• Replies 147
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Rick Research

Database? That suggests there should be a common FORMAT as well-- as in-- all facing the same direction, and including top and bottom? Here are some shown as singles TO illustrate top and bottom.

Bavarian Ski-J?ger Bataillon 4

Bavarian independent Fu?artillerie Batterie 10 (2 officers!!!!)

Common size is probably also something to consider-- though given the deficiencies of all non-Epson scanners in showing accurate sizes, perhaps a hopeless quest. These were done over long years and I failed to note at what size I scanned them myself. :(

Prussian Fliegertruppe Leutnant-- the actual aviation corps underlay, not detached from another branch:

Guest Rick Research

Oog. Didn't realize how widely those differed in sizes scanned.

Korvettenkapit?n zur See:

Naval Garrison Administration "M1866" type boards (will have to look up rank title again since have forgotten if this is Inspektor or Oberinspektor. but can you say "dementedly rare--possibly unique in the world-- and yet boring? :rolleyes: )

Hmm. Maybe we should have a defined direction and size to do these at? I can rescan everything so at least they are the precise "live" scale to each other....

What about closeups of devices?

Guest Rick Research

Monitor screens being wider than tall, it's easier to see them in their entirety horizontal. :rolleyes:

Monitor screens being wider than tall, it's easier to see them in their entirety horizontal. :rolleyes:

For some reason when they are horizontal I get the automatic uge to turn my head on the side...

Maybe with vertical boards can be resized to fit the screen? Should be more than big enough....

Leutnant, M15, fieldgrey with colored Chiffre.

K?nigs-Infanterie-Regiment (6. Lothringisches) Nr. 145

Best regards, :cheers:

Jens

Edited by KIR

Since we seem to be doing officer's boards at the moment.... Sorry, no reverse views as of yet.

Oberstleutnant, 1.b.I.R."K?nig" M16

Edited by Chip