News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kriegskreuz f?r Zivilverdienst

pinpon590

Guest Rick Research

Tiny "A" in a circular stamp hole is the Vienna assay office mint mark for silver.

I have always thought these are particularly splendid compared to German WW1 "Kriegshilfsdienst" awards-- which tend to be YUCKY zink.

I've always wanted the lower two classes and just never have gotten one in my paws. I have no idea how many were actually awarded, but the prices have always seemed quite reasonable.

Another odd thing is I have NEVER seen a photograph of anyone WEARING one!!!!!

makersmark - AEK - A.E.Kochert, the other should be hallmark for silver...

Tiny "A" in a circular stamp hole is the Vienna assay office mint mark for silver.

Thank you ! :cheers: I never search the meanings of Austrian stamps, I think I will do it fast.

I have always thought these are particularly splendid compared to German WW1 "Kriegshilfsdienst" awards-- which tend to be YUCKY zink.

I've always wanted the lower two classes and just never have gotten one in my paws. I have no idea how many were actually awarded, but the prices have always seemed quite reasonable.

My own father is also an order's collector :speechless: , and possess the 4th class, in bronze. I will post pictures as soon as possible, in order to complete the file...

Another odd thing is I have NEVER seen a photograph of anyone WEARING one!!!!!

Maybe this post will help to get one !!! I hope so !

:cheers:

Hi,

the "Kriegskreuz f?r Zivilverdienste" is for civil services, "besondere Dienste auf zivilem Gebiet".

The documents I have seen show, that it is an award for civilians.

Therefore you find very seldom a photograph.

4th class averse

Edited by speedytop

Guest Rick Research

What a strange uniform! The medals are too washed out to tell much-- last one a Prussian Crown Order Medal or maybe Red eagle Order Medal? What on earth are the collar insignia?

My wish has indeed come true! :cheers:

last one a Prussian Crown Order Medal or maybe Red eagle Order Medal?

Why not a "Signum Laudis" medal ?

For the 2nd and 3rd medal, impossible to tell...

:cheers:

Edited by pinpon590

pinpon590: Military Merit Medal would be before Merit Cross (which is on the photo on the first place) , this medal with crown is also too little in diameter to be a SIGNUM LAUDIS medal... The big medal on the second place looks like it has a stripe in the middle of the ribbon, maybe wound medal? Edited by Iver

Award Numbers:

KKfZV in Brilliants - 1 to Kajetan M?re von Kaposch-M?re for the Peace-Treaty of Brest-Litowsk (an award against the bylaws. Brilliants have not been designated)

KKfZV 1.Klasse - 234 (41 to women)

KKfZV 2.Klasse - 3.700

KKfZV 3.Klasse - 5.400

KKfZV 4.Klasse - 4.000

The numbers of classes 2.-4 are rounded up to the full hundred.

regards

josef

Hello,

from what we can see after the interesting communication of Josef, the Kriegskreuz f?r Zivilverdienste is a relatively rare decoration in all its classes; rare/scarce in the 1st Class, of course.

The average price of the 2nd to 4th class is usually very moderate.

It is interesting to note that this decoration was produced also by the "Wiener Werkst?tte f?r Angewandte Kunst" a famous atelier where perhaps the best Vienna "Jugendstil" pieces have been produced. Such pieces are struck with the superimposed double "W" mark.

Best wishes,

Enzo

Good Lord! No wonder I rarely see a 4th class! Egad. I let one slip through my fingers for a mere $50 last year! I assumed they were as common as Prussian KVKs. Argh! :banger: :banger:

Here is a close up of the chaps' hat -i suspect a postman. The collar devices are the same.

I believe the cards' writing is Czech.

Guest Rick Research

Thanks for the award numbers! :cheers:

Interesting that with so few awarded, there should have been so many sub-contractors MAKING them-- sounds like an oppurtunity for a sub-specialty just collecting those variations!

Still don't get anything out of the weird uniform. Merit Cross in silver orgold first, then big medal which appeares to have 5 wide stripes of darker light alternating with white (?), then 1898 military jubilee medal (But he looks no more than 30!) but NO civil 1908 cross, and what has to be the Medal fo either the Prussian Red Eagle or Crown Orders.

Ulsterman: can U add also the other side with text? Maybe it will help..

Rick: t?The first is Ok, it?s Merit Cross - Silver or gold, but I think the second one looks like Wound medal, i see there darker stripes on the edges of ribbon and one stripe in the middle - also ribbon for 1 wound... The last could be prussian order medal and the one fourth one - maybe patriotic medal? I don?t see it clear, but the loop doesn?t seems to be classic cylindral... I think it could be a patriotic medal...

Hello,

back to the theme of the Kriegskreuz f?r Zivilverdienste, I would like to add two pictures of the complete series, from the 1st to the 4th Class, from my collection; obverse and reverse.

I hope that the marks struck on the reverse could be readable enough.

Best wishes,

Enzo

Obverse: