Gentleman's Military Interest Club
Stogieman

Prinzen Iron Crosses

Thanks Marshall, you have a discerning eye and I would practice it... it has payed off for me to have one on the flight badges in more ways than one. The other comment I would make is that I thought the stem on the backs of the 1914 crosses wasn't straight "down".... I think that core is the same die on all 3 crosses, or at least extremely close?? Shouldn't the stem on the 1914 be turned aside a bit?

Shouldn't the stem on the 1914 be turned aside a bit?...

Hi Rick

I'm not sure I'm quite getting the question...

Here's a closer shot of the stem on Les's 1914 prinzen... it appears to turn and flare... but maybe that's not what you're asking... ??

Can you re-word for someone with only a basic grasp of language.... :blush::D

Marshall

Edited by Biro

I know I am alittle late to this discussion. But Here is a cross a would like to put up for your approval.

(sorry for the spelling)

This is a 1914 EK1 screwback. It is one piece with an enameled core. it is roughly 22mm x 22mm.

Would you consider it a 1/2 sized prinzen or a BIG mini?

[attachmentid=19470]

And here is a 3/4 size EK2. Standard 3 piece construction with a 20mm ribbon. Please not that it does not have the small crown and corner beading is completely different than the one showen as possible fakes.[attachmentid=19471]

Edited by gregM

...and another 1813 "prinzen"...(sorry I have made the photos actually only for a test of the background...in fact of this unfortunately the ribbon is somewhat more sharply then then the cross, but I did not want to withhold the pictures from you)

Regards

Matthias