News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Kriegsmarine Officers Tunics

• Replies 83
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Gentlemen:

Great discussion. I would also add that the DDR Volksmarine uniform is another jacket frequently seen in Kriegsmarine badging.

From a tailoring standpoint, these are the most accurate of the jackets insofar as style is concerned. They come with the correct 5-button front, horizontal lapel button holes, correct striped sleeve linings, etc. The fabric is dark blue although a shade lighter than Bundesmarine.

For conversion, they require little alteration. Replace the VM buttons with KM buttons (VM are correct roped anchor); remove the loops and buttons for shoulder rank; and add breast eagle and appropriate rank tresse at the sleeves.

• 9 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 6 months later...
    • 11 months later...

I am gonna dredge up this topic..as I purchased a made up Kriegs officers tunic. Could I say it was tailors preference that the bottom buttons start just about the same place as the ones in Paytons pictures of his KM tunic. The tunic is Woolen Doeskin, and looks good, except for the buttons. Thanks, and I am sorry for dredging this up. New guy, Jeff