News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Endley Collection : Part 2 : World War One

During the 1914 Rebellion in South Africa, Genl Christiaan beyers, the former Chief of the Union Defence Force and one of the main leaders of the rebellion, was drowned in an attempt to escape capture. These binoculars were found on his corpse by one Capt Zaayman of the Zeerust Commando.

The campaign suitcase that belonged to Genl Sir Duncan Mckenzie. This was used by him during the Anglo-Boer war, the 1906 Zulu Rebellion and the German South West Africa campaign.

Some relics from the Somme and in particular from Delville Wood near Longueval in France. I had the privilege to visit these battlefields on various occassions in both my private capacity as well as during my official military career.

Some items from the official opening ceremony of the Delville Wood memorial in France in 1926 including a bronze plaque given to VIP guests,records of speeches, albums, some trench art, various gas mask varieties(some reproduction), wirecutters and barbed wire from Delville Wood.

Scarce pipe striker that was part of some of the gift tins. The rest of the display contains various Christmas cards sent home by South Africans as well as some South African fund raising organizations, etc.