News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some Iraqi Stuff for a Major General

Here are a set of rank insignia and a beret for a Major General. The pin is a Ba'ath Party Membership pin(from what I have been told). This stuff was brought back in late summer of 2003. I got it for something to display with the flag I brought back.

I am looking for an officer's grade olive green shirt to display the insignia with. I would like to find a shoulder lanyard for a medical officer(assuming that all Generals did not wear a specific lanyard of their own).

Here are some known fake boards, from a well known bulk seller... the embroidery is night and day.

Very Cheap Fake:

Lorenzo

Cool!

You should write an article on Iraqi fakes Paul and Lorenzo. 25 years from now nobody will believe that this stuff was cranked out so early.

Hows' collecting in the sand box Lorenzo? Anything new? Did the FJP packet ever arrive?

Here is a closeup from the shoulder boards. Definitely a different animal from the ones known as repro from a certain online bulk seller.

Can I see a picture of the reverse side I want to compare it to the ones they have for sell here at the Bazzar: For a few bucks. stitching is not very tight on the image of the Insignia look at the red bar the stitching is not really great. Being this High Ranking General I would believe he would of worn a better qualty rank sleeve.

Lorenzo

Here are a set of rank insignia and a beret for a Major General. The pin is a Ba'ath Party Membership pin(from what I have been told). This stuff was brought back in late summer of 2003. I got it for something to display with the flag I brought back.

I am looking for an officer's grade olive green shirt to display the insignia with. I would like to find a shoulder lanyard for a medical officer(assuming that all Generals did not wear a specific lanyard of their own).

This Beret is very beautiful it has the insignia of the Ministry of High officers in the Republican Guard, Saddam Hussein had the title of General Saddam under al Bakr. Very nice what did it cost you?????

Lorenzo

The pin and case... notice that the plastic case has the Iraqi emblem in gold.

This are nice but common, I was told that there is a solid gold one??? Not convinced until I see one!!!

Lorenzo

Edited by IMHF

Hi Lorenzo!

You are right. The second set of shoulder ranks are very cheaply performed.

I am convinced that the set I have are genuine, as they come from the same place and time as the beret and party badge. The beret cost me 200 dollars. It may be expensive, but I feel that this particular piece is not common and will only get more expensive with time.

The party badge that I have seems to be in brass. Definitely not gold. Maybe the solid gold one belonged to Saddam?

Notice the beret and emblem. Major General and higher ranks wore the same beret as Pres Saddam.

Photo came from here:

http://www.answers.com/topic/saddam-hussein

Very nice link I am going to read it tonight and compare it to the Books on Bios of Saddam Hussein I have read already:

Written By:

Said K. Aburish

Con Coughlin

Fuwad Martyr

Lorenzo

Hi,

here is a set for comparison, I do not know, is it original or a copy.

Uwe

Nicely made copy not the manufactured issue I am looking for, look at the cutting not straight and the swords you can see thru them in some areas the eagle is close to it. The Red stip insignia is covering up some of the right sword, The stitching is not really good....

Lorenzo

See the detail in the insignia I posted here it is manufactured by a machine and not made by hand machine stitching:

Lorenzo

Cool!

You should write an article on Iraqi fakes Paul and Lorenzo. 25 years from now nobody will believe that this stuff was cranked out so early.

Hows' collecting in the sand box Lorenzo? Anything new? Did the FJP packet ever arrive?

Collecting in the sand box is not really good the hot spots for collecting are in Baghdad and Taji do to the number of warehouses that contained the Surpluse and the awesome deallers in Baghdad. Here in the south you can find all the modern present time stuff: So I buy more of my items off the internet.

I still have not receive the package, I pray I do cause I found an original ribbon for it: In the advertisement of the FJP the ribbon was of the Nut Thurath 17 Tamuz / Medal for the 17 July Revolution, of 1968.

Lorenzo

Hi Lorenzo,

here is the reverse, together with another questionable set :rolleyes:

Thank you

Uwe

Paul the reverse side of the rank sleeve looks poor stitching, the insignia in the bottom picture are very nice and original:

Lorenzo

Uwe,

Where did you get yours? I like the thick embroidery of your eagle. I think that they could be good as well. Where did you get yours?

I will post a reverse shot of my boards when I get home tonight.

Paul