News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi there, posted this in rick's research but was advised to move to here, ...Hi just a small question, is this a real badge? As i can only find reference to a 1944 gausieger badge..thanks in advance chris...since this originl text it seems this award was not given out until 1938, and were dated 1938, 1939, 1944....so am i to assume this is a fake or have i been mis informed, (by google), concerning history of the award..chris

Hi Chris

As I understand the history of the Reichsberufswettkampf, the competition began in 1934 and grew in terms of participants throughout 1935, 1936, and 1937. Restructured in 1938, and with a wider base of participants, the badges which are similar to the one in your photograph were introduced for competition winners at Kreis , Gau and Reich levels. I am afraid that your award is in my opinion a fake.

Best Wishes Andy

Hi Chris

As I understand the history of the Reichsberufswettkampf, the competition began in 1934 and grew in terms of participants throughout 1935, 1936, and 1937. Restructured in 1938, and with a wider base of participants, the badges which are similar to the one in your photograph were introduced for competition winners at Kreis , Gau and Reich levels. I am afraid that your award is in my opinion a fake.

Best Wishes Andy

Cheers Andy, I thought it may be a fake and that is why i posted the photo and question on here. I saw it for sale and did a little googling and posted here. I did not purchase the badge due to the advice i received from yourself and the info that I obtained from google. regards chris

hi

as stated the competitions themselves ran from 34 but then there was only the reichssieger award and it was a different design to this badge, the badge you have a copy of where used exclusively for the 38,39 and 44 game, the 38 and 39 being enamel the 44 painted.

but as stated yours is a fake sorry

stu