News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi guys i just found your forum today and thought i would join my main interest is german daggers but i picked this up the other day and was wondering what does it stand for( i guess its some sort of chritian movement),rarity and value.

it says DEUTSCHE CHRISTEN E.V. EVGL NATIONALSOZIALISTEN

thanks

Sean

Hi Naxos,

why there is a paradox?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Christians

Regards

Uwe

Hi, Uwe,

I don't know about Naxos, but I think most of us here in the USA think of Nazism as being fairly anti-religion (except for their own form of cult) and the thought of a Christian group being allied with the Nazis just seems bizarre! :speechless1:

Hi, Uwe,

I don't know about Naxos, but I think most of us here in the USA think of Nazism as being fairly anti-religion (except for their own form of cult) and the thought of a Christian group being allied with the Nazis just seems bizarre! :speechless1:

Ouch! Mike, please do a bit of homework before making sweeping generalizations about what "most of us here in the USA" think... :speechless:

Edited by Scott

Hi guys i just found your forum today and thought i would join my main interest is german daggers but i picked this up the other day and was wondering what does it stand for( i guess its some sort of chritian movement),rarity and value.

it says DEUTSCHE CHRISTEN E.V. EVGL NATIONALSOZIALISTEN

thanks

Sean

It looks like a membership badge to the German Christian party, a Protestant organization that supported the Nazi ideals all throughout the war. You will see several versions of their membership badges--one is a cross with a swastika somewhere on the badge (like you have)--the second type will be in green, with a large back cross with swastika in the central portion of the cross. This version really became their symbol.

The GC movement was dedicated to Nazifying Christianity by taking the Jew out of Christ. In their ideas, they changed Jesus from being a Jewish Carpenter to a Aryan god. They attempted to spread Nazi ideology to the troops, rather than teach religion. There is a great example of this in the book, Priester im Heere Hitlers where Catholic Chaplain, Father Perau is stunned when his Protestant counterpart (a DC member) gives a sermon straight from the Nazi playbook and never once mentions the Bible.

I believe the DC become so militant--even the regular hard core Nazi's didnt really know what to do with them.

It is rarer than most III Reich Tinnies, but not quite as valuable as the political ones--I would say $50-75 USD

It looks like a membership badge to the German Christian party, a Protestant organization that supported the Nazi ideals all throughout the war. You will see several versions of their membership badges--one is a cross with a swastika somewhere on the badge (like you have)--the second type will be in green, with a large back cross with swastika in the central portion of the cross. This version really became their symbol.

The GC movement was dedicated to Nazifying Christianity by taking the Jew out of Christ. In their ideas, they changed Jesus from being a Jewish Carpenter to a Aryan god. They attempted to spread Nazi ideology to the troops, rather than teach religion. There is a great example of this in the book, Priester im Heere Hitlers where Catholic Chaplain, Father Perau is stunned when his Protestant counterpart (a DC member) gives a sermon straight from the Nazi playbook and never once mentions the Bible.

I believe the DC become so militant--even the regular hard core Nazi's didnt really know what to do with them.

It is rarer than most III Reich Tinnies, but not quite as valuable as the political ones--I would say $50-75 USD

Hi Chris many thanks for that. very interesting that they became so militant, probably quite scarry in their day

Sean

Ouch! Mike, please do a bit of homework before making sweeping generalizations about what "most of us here in the USA" think... :speechless:

Scott, there is a difference between the German Army's traditions and the Nazi party's agenda. Note that in the new, under the nazis formed, Luftwaffe the "Gott mit uns" logo was never adopted.

Scott, there is a difference between the German Army's traditions and the Nazi party's agenda. Note that in the new, under the nazis formed, Luftwaffe the "Gott mit uns" logo was never adopted.

Naxos,

I just used the Heer buckle as an example. Field chaplains were an integral part of the makeup of the Wehermacht, there are several references to Hitler's Catholic religious beliefs and interpretations in Mein Kampf, Germany had warm relations with the Vatican throughout WWII, and other civilian Christian organizations have already been mentioned in this thread. It has been argued by some that the kooky SS rites, rituals, and ceremonies associated with child birth, marriage, Arian purity, etc., was an attempt to be its own "religion."

Edited by Scott

Naxos,

I just used the Heer buckle as an example. Field chaplains were an integral part of the makeup of the Wehermacht, there are several references to Hitler's Catholic religious beliefs and interpretations in Mein Kampf, Germany had warm relations with the Vatican throughout WWII, and other civilian Christian organizations have already been mentioned in this thread. It has been argued by some that the kooky SS rites, rituals, and ceremonies associated with child birth, marriage, Arian purity, etc., was an attempt to be its own "religion."

Oh I would not classify their relations with the Vatican was "warm" by any stretch. They Germans basically told Rome that they could be a free city, if they played by the rules. Dr. F. Menthausen let the Pope's people know, in no certain terms, that Germany could have troops in, and in control of the Vatican if the Pope did not play ball.

There is a good example of this, when the Vatican was denouncing the persecution of Polish Catholics by Germany, Menthausen threatened the Pope and the Vatican with invasion. The Vatican backed down.

Hi Don thanks for the reply. i found the 1st post that was the one that brought me to the forum in the first place but i missed the 2nd post.

any idea on rarity or value? i know these things are hard to value but i would like to get some idea.

regards

Sean

It's one of the harder pieces to find. However when it comes to value I always say that they are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them.

I have paid high amounts for items that others would not have paid, purely because I wanted it. Likewise, I often feel a item isn't worth what another is asking for it so will not buy. It's purely down to personal opinion I'm afraid.

If you are happy with it & the price you paid for it, then enjoy it.

Cheers

Don

Cheers Don it owes me ?30, :D which i think is a very good price,but like you say if no one wants it then its worthless

I like finding items that not many people have seen before if ever its a buzz!!

Sean

• 1 month later...