News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I came across this photo on the Hungarian Army website. For all I know, it's a famous photo and Glenn or the like can ID everybody with ease. But let's play ID the generals anyway!

The original caption read "A n?met ?s az osztr?k?magyar hadsereg tisztjei a tizenkettedik isonz?i csata el?tt", or "German and Austro-Hungarian military officers at the 12th Battle of Isonzo".

To start things off, I assume the dapper young gentleman in the front is Emperor Karl. I think somewhere in there is then-Colonel General Svetozar Boroevic von Bojna, since he's mentioned in the article, but I don't really know what he looks like.

IPB Image

Just back from a four day trip. Can't see Boroevic in this one. The guy to Kaiser Karl's left is Franz Freiherr Rohr von Denta. The general to his left appears to be Erzherzog Joseph and the old boy with the beard is FML Zdenko Prinz von Lobkowitz, Herzog zu Raudnitz, Genaraladjutant to the Kaiser. The German I think is von Cramon.

Regards

Glenn

• 11 years later...

Hello : Glen J saids the correct information . Boroevic was a rather low man of light complexion . and usually wore black hungarian hussar type boots and not the ankle boots and leggings or gaiters used by other generals .