News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

QUEEN and KING SOUTH AFRICA MEDALS

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

You have a wonderfull collection Darrell - no wonder we have trouble finding QSA's ! Do you source them from around the World ?

Thanks Mervyn. Yes, anywhere I can find them ;)

Looking to eventually collect all 23 clasps. That or until a threat of divorce occurs.

Edited by Darrell

Hello Darrell, thanks for posting your collection, i especially have enjoyed following your thread to see new arrivals. I have a few myself, but as Mervyn mentioned it is rather difficult to come by QSAs over here in SA at the moment.

You mentioned in your thread that you wanted to collect all clasps, then in your last post you mentioned 23. I cant find my medal book just yet, but aren't there 24, plus 1901 & 1902?

regards

Thomas

Guest Darrell

Hello Darrell, thanks for posting your collection, i especially have enjoyed following your thread to see new arrivals. I have a few myself, but as Mervyn mentioned it is rather difficult to come by QSAs over here in SA at the moment.

You mentioned in your thread that you wanted to collect all clasps, then in your last post you mentioned 23. I cant find my medal book just yet, but aren't there 24, plus 1901 & 1902?

regards

Thomas

Thomas, actually there are 26. Not sure what I was thinking above. You are correct ;)

Edited by Darrell

Darrell,

A very nice collection of QSA/KSA medals and bars. Luckily you have the bars that were awarded to the Regiment I collect, otherwise I'd be wondering if I was bidding against you for them.

I have noticed that all of your medals are in a very clean shiny state and I was interested to know if you received them in this state or if you cleaned and polished them once you had them?

Cheers,

Mike

Guest Darrell

Darrell,

A very nice collection of QSA/KSA medals and bars. Luckily you have the bars that were awarded to the Regiment I collect, otherwise I'd be wondering if I was bidding against you for them.

I have noticed that all of your medals are in a very clean shiny state and I was interested to know if you received them in this state or if you cleaned and polished them once you had them?

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike, only 1 medal was purchased off e-bay. Most of the others are from Dixon's. The medals have not been polished by me, they all came in the condition that they are posted. A couple are fairlry shiney,but I think that my scanner tends to make them a bit brighter than they really are.

Glad another fellow collects these as well :)

Edited by Darrell

Guest Darrell

Here's a DEFENCE OF KIMBERLEY QSA awarded to PTE. W. WILCOCK. KIMBERLEY TOWN GUARD.

Confirmed in list of Siege Defenders and on the Roll for this Clasp.

Obverse:

Darrell - were you lucky enough to get his Kimberley Star. They always seem to get separated, which is a pity. I have the original volume put out by the Town of Kimberley immediately following the Boer War. It gives every unit and where they served - will check your man for you. With such a big collection , it would be good if you had the time to print a list of the Units you have represented ? Mervyn

Guest Darrell

Hi Mervyn, unfortunately all I got was the QSA.

I'd appreciate any info you could dig up on the guy :cheers: