News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Meager Collection of KM Naval Tallies.

Congrats Justin...that's a great collection you're putting together.

If you're looking for S-Boot citations, I've got a nice, rare Kurland doc to an S-Boot man.

Very best...Peter

I have been working on my display.

I think that I will create one that has the Scharnhorst/Gniesenau with the 3 Panzerschiff, and the Kreuzer Fleet.

I have been having a hell of a time mounting these. Mostly finding ways of securing and keeping some gentle traction without causing a great deal of strain over a harsh bend. If someone has a good idea how they stored their items. I have removed the tallies from the glass case I had previously posted. I am thinking that I should invest in some paper or cotton cloth wadding and make little tubular roles and have them along the posterior side of the matting board. then have the tallies wrapped and have a securement piece of matting for behind.

This is going to be quite a time involved project seeing I am trying to mount several tallies and trying to maintain good spacing, no sagging and maintaining a level display.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

Regards,

JustinG

• 6 months later...
    • 3 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Very nice KM display. :cheers::cheers:

All the best

Nesredep.

3 questions please:1)it is more difficult find an UNTERSEEBOOTSCHULE cap tally or u-boats flotillas cap tallies?

2)how many UNTERSEEBOOTSCHULE there were during the war and where were those located ?

finally, what would be a good price for an UNTERSEEBOOTSCHULE cap tally made in metal thread and 150 lengh aprox?

thanks in advance :cheers:

Edited by SICHERHEITSDIENTS

3 questions please:1)it is more difficult find an UNTERSEEBOOTSCHULE cap tally or u-boats flotillas cap tallies?

2)how many UNTERSEEBOOTSCHULE there were during the war and where were those located ?

finally, what would be a good price for an UNTERSEEBOOTSCHULE cap tally made in metal thread and 150 lengh aprox?

The standard Unterseebootschule tally is not as uncommon as say the Unterseebootsabwehrschule, Unterseebootsschuleflottille tallies. I would estimate around 150 Euro is a fair price to pay.. I got a decent one on ebay for 90USD. Shown here, there is a bit of fraying on the "h". This is my duplicate. :)

That being said, there is no unterseeboot tally that is just out there "floating" around.

Regards,

JustinG

Edited by 2dresq

finally,the last question about,could you tell me how many unterseebootschule were there and where were placed or was there only one located at kiel?

nice unterseebootschule tally you show :cheers:

thanks justin

im trying my unterseebootschule copy swaping for a vintage spanish cap tally from my collection!!!!!!!!

Edited by SICHERHEITSDIENTS

• 2 months later...

Thanks Justin for your friendly words - I guess by all accounts that you've really shown that it is possible to have both quantity and quality in your collection ;)

Here's another display/frame that I'm much found of - Zerstörer Georg Thiele portrayed by using a war-time large photo and the accompanying pre-war Mützenband.

Arne Håkon

So Arne, Do you have the photos professionally matted and then place the Muetzenband yourself in position? Do you do this all yourself?

Stunning and quality displays.

Regards,

JustinG

Well, I was finally able to obtain a period Unterseebootsflottille Emsmann muetzenband. That completes the named U-Flottille's. :)

I am very fortunate.

Regards,

Justin 2dresq

So I have added two other additions: A metalfaden version of the Linienschiff Hannover and I got the U=begleitschiff Erwin Wassner.

So, These are the ones I have remaining:

Unterseebootstender Mosel

U=Begleitschiff Waldemar Kophamel

U=Begleitschiff Otto Wuensche

U=Begleitschiff Wilhelm Bauer.

If any of you come across these, I would be grateful. I am also missing 5 destroyer tallies. :)

Thanks for looking,

JustinG

Edited by 2dresq

• 2 weeks later...

happy to share with you this surprise gift from my wife(to me is very important because she lost her job recently sweatdrop.gif)....a schlachtschiff scharnhorst,metal thread made,170 cm lengh,3,2 cm wide,tails diagonal ended.....finally she pays 85 euros including shipping and so i wonder....are so much harder and more valued the PANZERSCHIFF than SCHLACHTSCHIFF because for every one of them i payed double than my wife payed for this new purchasingacorazado.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

acorazadoreverso.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I am truly sorry to hear about your wife and your misfortune. That is a very touching thing she did getting you that Scharnhorst tally. It looks in incredible condition.

As for price, That was quite a nice bargain price IMO. A tally like this generally goes for around 200-250 Euro, some dealers have them listed for 300 Euro.

You got quite a deal with this one. A nice Panzerschiff one from the Admiral Scheer and Deutschland are more available than period Admiral Graf Spee which can run into bigger bucks since they are more coveted.

The Schlachtschiff muetzenbands are limited and don't turn up as often. The Scharnhorst is more common to find, than the Gneisenau.

This is a great looking muetzenband and will hold special significance since it was a gift from your wife. (She did good :))

Best of luck to you and your family and congratulations on acquiring such a nice tally.

Regards,

Justin

2dresq

Edited by 2dresq

I am truly sorry to hear about your wife and your misfortune. That is a very touching thing she did getting you that Scharnhorst tally. It looks in incredible condition.

As for price, That was quite a nice bargain price IMO. A tally like this generally goes for around 200-250 Euro, some dealers have them listed for 300 Euro.

You got quite a deal with this one. A nice Panzerschiff one from the Admiral Scheer and Deutschland are more available than period Admiral Graf Spee which can run into bigger bucks since they are more coveted.

The Schlachtschiff muetzenbands are limited and don't turn up as often. The Scharnhorst is more common to find, than the Gneisenau.

This is a great looking muetzenband and will hold special significance since it was a gift from your wife. (She did good :))

Best of luck to you and your family and congratulations on acquiring such a nice tally.

Regards,

Justin

2dresq

justin,many thank for your interesting response and it is very kind of you your words about my wife.......cheers.gif

i would like save money and purchase from you soon the weddigen one we talked if was avaible then

warmest regards

fernando