News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

belgian Order of Leopold l

Any more pictures??

Jef, with such beautifull malls,

I think you have also some full size official medals???!!

Would you mind showing them off??:P

Greetzz

Hello Jacky,

Thank you for your encouragement, but I don't have anything special. Only the most common things.

If I post a message, I have a question, or I would like to help a fellow member with information. I don't want to bore you with the most common medals.

best regards,

Jef

• 2 months later...

See here a beautifull Officers cross, from the time that orders where made by juwellers :rolleyes:

Look at the "I" in the middle of the Royal monogram

Hello Guy,

Nice crosses you have there. When seeing your post i immediately compared my Leo orders.

In your message you stated: " ...from the time that orders where made by jewellers"

Does this mean a cross with a "I" in the middle of the Royal monogram has a makers mark from the juweller? I have two with a "I", but I wasn't able to find any mark.

Kind regards,

Jef

Hello Guy,

Nice crosses you have there. When seeing your post i immediately compared my Leo orders.

In your message you stated: " ...from the time that orders where made by jewellers"

Does this mean a cross with a "I" in the middle of the Royal monogram has a makers mark from the juweller? I have two with a "I", but I wasn't able to find any mark.

Kind regards,

Jef

Dear Jef

There are no marks in them, even in the first crosses made in 1832 some time you find the monogram with I in the middle, what is sure is that those with a II are made by Heremans, periode of Leopold II, at the periode of King Albert I we find some time back a I in the Monogram. ;)

Edited by g_deploige

Dear Jef

There are no marks in them, even in the first crosses made in 1832 some time you find the monogram with I in the middle, what is sure is that those with a II are made by Heremans, periode of Leopold II, at the periode of King Albert I we find some time back a I in the Monogram. ;)

Hello Guy,

Thank you for the explanation. On this occasion i would like to congratulate you with your study about Militair Ereteken/ D?coration Militaire of 2004. A great reference book.

kind regards,

Jef

• 2 weeks later...

Nice medal,

But I don't think that it had been painted by someone, more likely by the jeweller since I believe it to be an officers cross.

If you look at the ribbon, there is a hole and a circular "shadow-shape" to be seen on the ribbon,

there belonged an rosette to denote the officers class instead of the knights class.

Kind regards,

Jacky

• 1 month later...

heres mine!!! some twat had painted the crown and lion with matt gold paint! iv since gotten it all off and it looks amazing with proper guilding on it!!! very nice!!! :beer:

Oh I remember that one ;) I'm glad that you got rid of the paint of that terrorist (hey, it wasn't me :P )! are you still looking for that rosette? An old one is going to be impossible and a new one is going to be expensive, I'll warn you!

Nice medal,

But I don't think that it had been painted by someone, more likely by the jeweller since I believe it to be an officers cross.

If you look at the ribbon, there is a hole and a circular "shadow-shape" to be seen on the ribbon,

there belonged an rosette to denote the officers class instead of the knights class.

Kind regards,

Jacky

Jacky, I sold Paddywhack that one. You had to see that, it was a true horrorshow, before I handeled it and sold it to Paddywhack. I believe that are my pictures, before he restored it.

There where plastic diamonds glued on it and the crown had a thick layer of gold paint on it (the horror, the horror, the horror :violent: )

I removed the diamonds and the thick layers of some sort of glue.

I like to see the final result Paddywhack. Do you have pictures?

here wil follow pictures how I got it:

• 2 weeks later...