News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

belgian Order of Leopold l

With regard to the black bar and the wearing by mothers of their deceased sons' medals - in the Belgium thread, subject the Commemorative medal of WW1, there is some discussion of this, and a photo of a mother wearing her son's medals http://gmic.co.uk/in...-war-1914-1918/ post #20

Hope this helps.

Bill

Edited by Bilco

With regard to the black bar and the wearing by mothers of their deceased sons' medals - in the Belgium thread, subject the Commemorative medal of WW1, there is some discussion of this, and a photo of a mother wearing her son's medals http://gmic.co.uk/in...-war-1914-1918/ post #20

Hope this helps.

Bill

Thanks Bill for the information!

Best regards,

GM1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I just added to my Leopold collection this very nice GO Star by Wolfers

I would like your opinion

Stars made by Wolfers are usually with crowned Lions and the red enamel is translucent with specific "texture" uderneth

This one has non crowned Lion and plain red darkish enamel

Graf

Hi ,

Thank you for the information.

I bought it from Bonus-Eventus.be

It was listed for 850 EURO

i managed to get a better price

The Star is still on their site

Yes that is wht worry me that it could have been switch of the central part

If so, it could be vere old one since the patina on the whole Star is even and old

Graf

Thank you for your comments

They are of great help

I collect Orders from Europe.

Most Orders that come for sale on the market are Standard ones

Thre is no problem with them

However, from time to time there are pieces on sale that differ form the Standard.

They are not mentioned in any literature

These forums are great, since members can share pictures of their collection and also opinions

This picture is my small contibution to the topic of ths Forum Two French made Order of Leopold -Commander and Officer Grades

I am still eager to get more opinion on the GO Star by Wofers

Graf

closer image

By the away there is very interesting information regarding the GO Star by Wolfers.

Most collectors from Belgium insist that the Star is mady entirely by Wolfers

On the other hand very respected collectors of L1 from around the world suspect that the Star is made in mid to late 1930 and is assembled by De Greef with most parts by Wolfers and some parts( front central piece) by De Greef, which can exlain the uncrowned Lion and the plain red enamel.

Graf

• 1 month later...

Hello,

the black stripe means posthumous award, members of the family are not allowed to wear this order for their sons, fathers, etc.

Anyway - really nice pieces. Leopold with 2 golden stripes is rarely seen ;)

Do you know who is the manufacturer of the order with 2 golden stripes? The first one is Wolfers and the second possible Fonson?

Bagramjan

Second one is most likely by Fernand Heremans, definitely not Fonson.