News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A few very nice photos , bavarian officers around 1899

Today I got a few very nice photos of bavarian officers, fleamarket find as usual.

I show these for Your joy, but also any additional infos are most welcome, as always.

No.1

Shows Bavarian General der Kavallerie von Nagel ( 1850 - 1922 )

Full name was Heinrich Freiherr von Nagel zu Aichberg.

Detail of decorations:

Back of the photo:

Last but not least

No.5

A F?hnrich

Back total

" Zur Erinnerung an die Kriegsschule 1902......name ??.....F?hnrich im 4. ????? Rgt. "

Detail of his name

Otto Frhr. ( Freiherr ) ??????

Any chance to get him identified ???

Thanks

Kind regards

Robert

Edited by Robert Noss

Robert, I think von Perfall, Kimmerle and the F?hnrich are all Chevaulegers

The F?hnrich is from the Kgl. Bayer. 4. Chevaulegers-Regegiment "K?nig"

Edited by Naxos

Last but not least

No.5

A F?hnrich

Detail of his name

Otto Frhr. ( Freiherr ) ??????

Any chance to get him identified ???

Thanks

Kind regards

Robert

Robert,

I can't read the writing very well, but I think I may have found him. In the 1914 Rangliste, under the section for Reserve officers of the Kgl. Bayer. 4. Chevaulegers-Regt. K?nig there is a Oberleutnant Otto Freiherr von Tautphoeus listed. That last name kind of fits the writing on the photo.

Edited by Mike Dwyer

Guest Rick Research

Perfall was ANTON, born 1853, alive 1905 but apparently retired as Oberst and a personal adjutant of Prince Leopold before that-- not in the 1903 Bavarian Rank List, but shown in the 1905 directory of Franz Joseph Order holders. I suspect his photo dates from the 1880s.

Kimmerle went zD as a Major on 12 August 1898. That is the Bulgarian Order of St. Alexander. he also got a W?rttemberg Friedrich Knight 1st Class after that photo was taken. He is very definitely wearing a woman's whalebone corset. :speechless1:

Baby Tautphoeus was born in 1882. Commissioned (as his F?hnrich title hints) Leutnant 09.03.03 as a regular officer in 4th Chevaulegers, but then into reserves and vanishes without trace once the war starts. Got zero on him.

I must say, you've had a better haul of named medal bar earers her than I've seen in the last 10 years. :cheers:

Kimmerle went zD as a Major on 12 August 1898. That is the Bulgarian Order of St. Alexander. he also got a W?rttemberg Friedrich Knight 1st Class after that photo was taken. He is very definitely wearing a woman's whalebone corset. :speechless1:

Yes, I showed my wife this posting because I was so impressed by the photos and she made a comment about Major Kimmerle's waistline! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: